“Good location in CBD Auckland”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of SKYCITY Hotel

SKYCITY Hotel
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersGold level
Perth, Australia
“Good location in CBD Auckland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Skycity was a good value and a great location. The only complaint I have is when we arrived we were asked to put our luggage to the side and after we got our room number we turned around to get our luggage and it was gone. They should ask you if you want your luggage taken to the room. I did not appreciate someone just taking it without asking. Other than that it was a quiet hotel for the large size.

• Stayed July 2013
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Gena50,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor post. Please be assured our Chief Concierge has received your feedback regarding luggage delivery and will be reviewing this process.

The team and I hope you have had a safe return journey to Brisbane.

Many Thanks,
Ida

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on the first 2 nights upon arrival in Auckland on 9-11 May 2013 & the last 2 nights before departing on 21-23 May 2013. On the first 2 nights, we were given a non smoking room level thus we had to go 1 level down if we want to smoke. When checking out on the 11 May, I requested for a room with balcony when we return on 21-23 May so that it will be more convenient for us & the two children that travelled with us can have some outdoor time. Great! We got the room we requested for! The room was spacious & clean. Location is excellent as it is walking distance to shopping area, train station etc. Just look out for the iconic Sky Tower if you're lost in the city centre coz, it will definitely lead you back to the hotel. You can even shop at the hotel as there's a fair bit of souviniers shop at the basement. You will definitely pass by the souviniers shop if you dine in at the Orbit Revolving Restaurant at Sky Tower!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Titi S
SKYCITY H, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Titi S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at SKYCITY Hotel. I am delighted to read you had an enjoyable stay.

The team and I hope you have returned safely to Singapore and we hope to welcome you back on your future travels.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Fast check in , spacious clean room, great location close to restaurants, cafes and queen St . got what I paid for.
the luggage boy break my new bag and just put in my room and left without telling me. I phoned the concierge and he said he will check the cctv and get back to me but he didn't. I was disappointed.
I went down at 11 pm and talked Mr tua at the concierge and he came up to my room as soon as told him what happend and fix with a smile what the others did. ThanksrMr tua.
I recommend it

1 Thank Aboodi1212
Dear Aboodi1212,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I was disappointed to read of the challenges you experienced with the delivery of your bag to your guest room. Unfortunately CCTV was not available in all areas of the hotel and our team where unable to review the total journey your bag took from our lobby to your guest room. I do apologise this was not communicated to you at the time.

Whilst unfortunate I am pleased to read Tua quickly rectified this issue for you. Should you wish to discuss in more detail please do not hesitate to contact me.

The team and I hope you have returned safely to Saudi Arabia.

Kind regards,
Skycity.co.nz
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had a good stay at Skycity during a business conference. Rooms were great, staff very friendly and accommodating. I'm a light sleeper so I struggled with the street noise of a city. Great location close to restaurants and the waterfront. I'm not a gambler so being surrounded by a casino wasn't really my thing. Great hotel though.

Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Colin J
Dear Colin J,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. I am pleased to read you had a comfortable stay. On a future visit should you require recommendations on attractions close to SKYCITY Hotel please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Concierge team who will happily assist.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel on your next visit to Auckland.

Kind regards,
Wellington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Had another fabulous stay at SkyCity last week. I haven't stayed for ages and got treated to a lovely upgrade to a Suite which was awesome. The bed was so comfortable that I couldn't get out of it and to the gym- not like me so I continued to snuggle for a little longer. Service was really really good and it was very exciting to stumble upon X factor contestants staying there too and enjoying their stay. Location is perfect and we got to have brekkie at Depot directly over the road which was delicious and got to sit behind Peter Gordon which was equally delightful. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nina044
SKYCITY H, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Nina044,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read your wonderful comments which I will happily share with the rest of the team.

We look forward to you welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel on your next visit to Auckland.

Christchurch
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Perfectly good hotel with well equipped, modern and clean rooms. Where it does have an advantage is that there is so much happening within the complex from the casino to numerous restaurants. Certainly has to be one of the best choices in Auckland.

Hi Johnand Wendy,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. On your next visit to SKYCITY Hotel I welcome you to contact a member of our concierge team who will happily recommend dining and entertainment options within SKYCITY which best suit your tastes.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel when you are next in Auckland.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

The room was fantastic - very clean and luxurious! The rain shower was a very welcome touch after travelling around in a campervan for 10 days.

Really convenient having all the restaurants at your fingertips - Rebo is great value and really nice food, the Sky Tower revolving restaurant is very reasonably priced as well, and with a great view you can't beat it for dinner.

Our stay was very smooth, although I had asked the receptionist if some romantic rose petals etc in our room could be arranged as it was my partner's birthday. I was told this was not a problem and that they would arrange something, however I was incredibly disappointed that this was not carried out as promised - it was completely absent - very disappointing.

On the whole, I definitely recommend, however it was upsetting that a promise was not carried out, as this was to be a special aspect of our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Michellashlee,

Thank you for your tripadvisor post and recommendation of SKYCITY Hotel. Whilst delighted to read your positive feedback I am disappointed to hear the flower petals were not in your guest room as requested.

Your feedback will be reviewed to determine where the breakdown occurred to ensure your experience is not repeated. I am sorry for the disappointment this caused you during your stay.

Should you wish to discuss your visit in more detail I welcome you to contact me. The team and I hope to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel when you are next in Auckland.

tracey.walsh@skycity.co.nz