“Great location in Auckland”
Review of SKYCITY Hotel

SKYCITY Hotel
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel was my first stop on a 2 week solo female trip around New Zealand. I arrived at the Auckland airport after my flight from LAX and took the Super Shuttle to the hotel. The shuttle had several stops to make before dropping me off at the hotel. I was glad my motion sickness pills were still working since there were a lot of winding roads and combining that with jet lag and driving on the other side of the road it could make you ill. The hotel is part of the Skycity Casino. The room was clean and comfortable. I felt safe at this hotel. The hotel was mainly picked for its location and decent reviews. It was easy to walk to restaurants, shops and the harbor. I was using Intercity/Great Sights for some of my transportation during the 2 weeks and their office was conveniently around the block. The Great Sights bus was able to pick me up at the hotel the next day. My view was of a courtyard which wasn't very exciting. I thought the price was a bit high but found most of New Zealand to be pricey. I arrived in the morning after the 13 1/2 hour flight. I highly advise staying awake until night time to reset your internal time clock. This usually works well for me on my international trips. I walked around town and had lunch. For dinner, I decided to eat at the Skycity food court. The meal at an Asian place was awful and I had GI problems the next day. I am unsure if it was the dinner but I don't recommend eating at this food court. I was just pretty tired at that point and didn't feel like going out for dinner. I would recommend this hotel for it's location and cleanliness. There may be better places if you have a car but for me this was the best location.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the city or harbor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
SKYCITY H, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Travmama,

I hope you had an enjoyable time on your two week tour of New Zealand.

Should you wish to discuss your visit at SKYCITY Hotel in more detail I welcome you to contact me.

The team and I hope you have returned safely to Pittsburgh.

Tracey.walsh@skycity.co.nz

Write a ReviewReviews (1,975)

Reviewed June 15, 2013

After a busy day my siren call was not the casino or cornucopia of nearby clubs and restaurants but a quiet room, the tv remote, and a selection of Friday night treats. I had booked online for a good price, and my room was itself a treat ... The bed a king sized oasis, as hotel beds should be, the room itself warm and welcoming. The rooms at this hotel are spacious and beautifully decorated, and there is onsite parking. On a rainy Auckland night, this weary traveller felt she'd hit the jackpot.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
SKYCITY H, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Hi Laurieanddlily,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review to TripAdvisor. I was thrilled to read your wonderful feedback which I have shared with the team.

We look forward to your next stay at SKYCITY Hotel.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised when I checked in to Sky City Hotel ... I was informed that I had received a complimentary upgrade. It was a lovely experience. Thank you Sky City : )))
Great staff, very clean, amazing rooms, great facilities. Lots of good, affordable restaurants nearby. I definitely recommend Sky City Hotel for anyone looking for Central Auckland accommodation.

Room Tip: Pray for a complimentary upgrade : )
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Renee B,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor recommendation.

I was pleased to read the team provided you a complimentary upgrade on check-in and assisted in making your Auckland experience extra special.

I hope you and your family have returned safely to Dublin.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights whilst attending a conference at the conference centre next door. Excellent room, very well appointed. Loved the free wifi for guests. Central location is ideal for anyone doing anything in the CBD. Great breakfast service and a wide selection of restaurants just on the doorstep.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear LukaszZ,

Thank you for taking the time to review your three night stay at SKYCITY Hotel.

The team and I look forward to your next visit to SKYCITY.

Best,

Reviewed June 13, 2013

My wife and I had an amazing stay at skycity. Every aspect of our stay was perfect.Great staff, very clean, amazing rooms, great facilities, great restaraunts and nightlife near by and walking distance to heaps of Auckland activites.
I highly reccomend skycity for anyone looking for Central Auckland accomadation.

Room Tip: Our premium suite was amazing! Highly reccomended
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear DavidandJules,

Thank you for posting your review of SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor and for recommending our Premium Suite rooms to our Trip Advisor readers.

Here at SKYCITY we are fortunate to be situated close to many of Auckland’s main tourist attractions. On your next visit to SKYCITY Hotel I welcome you to contact a member of our Concierge team who will happily provide recommendations on must see Auckland sights.

I hope you and your wife have returned safely to Gisborne.

Best wishes,

Reviewed June 12, 2013

As always Sky City Hotel Staff make their guests feel like royalty, from the staff at the coal face to the staff at the main face. You are always made to feel special. That's what I call "Kiwi Host" Thanks guys and gals, you ROCK! I would never go past staying at Sky City Hotel whenever I visit Auckland. Cheers

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Wallan964,

Thank you for your review of SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read your wonderful comments. Please be assured I have shared your feedback with my team.

We look forward to your next visit to SKYCITY Hotel whether this is for business or pleasure.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Good class hotel with Casino. Ideal for those who want to be situated in the centre of the city, particularly if you wish to use the casino facilities.Also a trip up the adjacent Sky Tower gives you excellent views of the City.

Room Tip: Higher floors have good views if you get an outward facing room or apartment.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Eric W

Dear Eric W,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor post.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish for your guest profile to be updated with your preference to be located in a guest room on a higher floor.

I am pleased to read you had the opportunity to enjoy the spectacular views from the Sky Tower. On a clear day you can see approximately 82 kilometres (51 miles) from Sky Tower. That's as far north as Leigh Peninsula, as far east as Great Barrier Island, as far west as the Waitakere Ranges, and as far south as the Bombay Hills

The team and I hope to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,