“The best option for your stay in Auckland”
Review of SKYCITY Hotel

SKYCITY Hotel
Ranked #12 of 65 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 29, 2013

You are looking for the best place to stay in Auckland? Here it is! Many excellent restaurants to choose from, the Casino if you feel like some gambling, and to top it all: the Skycity tower!
In walking distance to all dowtown Auckland attractions, very good public transport connections available.
Besides, a very good hotel with modern rooms. Very quiet, although in the very centre of town.
Polite, kind and helpful hotel personel, very good value for money.
We had a great stay here and will be back again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Operations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Pineapple_girl88,

Thank you for posting your review of SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back and continue delivering high quality service.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Well located hotel offering good value. Service was first class and rooms comfortable. Obviously earns its money from the casino but this means good value for other customers. SkyTower is a highlight of the city.

Dear UkAndy_B

Thank you for posting your review of SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased you found our service first class and our rooms comfortable.

I trust you had a memorable rest of your trip in New Zealand and a safe return back home.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed here recently on a quick business trip to Auckland. My normal hotel was unavailable and our local sales manager suggested I check it out. Wouldn't say it's value for money. The tariff was higher than I usually pay, Auckland is not an expensive city and the value for money at some well known brands like Pullman and Hilton is exceptional. Room was large, clean and everything worked ok. The bathroom needs better lighting and, like many hotels, the shower is designed more to use the least possible amount of water rather than to get you wet !
The bed was appalling. Soft, uncomfortable and generally felt like it was worn out.
I didn't eat in the hotel, but did grab a quick coffee at the take away section of the coffee shop, which was pretty good.
Overall a pretty bland experience, with the lousy bed being the only thing that made any real impression on me.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Petefromrye,

Many thanks for your review of SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor, we welcome all feedback and we certainly did appreciate your time in this review as we address your points. You will be pleased to hear we have started a bathroom refurbishment including better lighting and a spectacular rain shower head in our Deluxe rooms which I am sure you will find satisfactory.

We take great pride in offering value for money and I am disappointed we did not create a great impression.

Whilst SKYCITY Hotel may not be your first choice when travelling to Auckland, SKYCITY is all about thrill and excitement and as such I welcome you to contact me for a second opportunity. I trust we will meet if not exceed your expectations.

Best regards,
Admir Mullaaliu
Hotel Operations Manager
admir.mullaaliu@skycity.co.nz

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had nothing to complain about this hotel, and would like to point out that Shaun Ryan the Chief Concierge did a FANTASTIC job in securing us a reservation, that otherwise we would not have secured. This was for the Sky City (tower) restaurant overlooking the cit of Auckland. The coffee was shop was great, the location was even better - could not ask for better service. We arrived at the hotel at 10:30a and was in the room by noon - 3 hours early - thank you!

Room Tip: might not want to eat at the restaurant at the top - go for a drink instead, for the value it is not...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Operations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Robert O,

Thank you for your review of SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor.

At SKYCITY Hotel we strive to deliver an exceptional level of service and I was delighted to read your feedback on Shaun Ryan.

I hope you and your partner enjoyed your cruise and look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were in Auckland for a few days following a cruise and our travel agent recommended this hotel. To me this place is average at best, I've got to believe there are better places for the cost to stay in Auckland and will search myself when we return in the future. The rooms were large but the beds were very very soft with no support, definitely not what I want in a bed. The "business Center" consisted of two computers in a hallway with no printer available for printing out boarding passes, not what I would call a business center. There are a number of restaurants in the vicinity which is good but in the future I would look for a different hotel, this just isn't my kind of place.

1  Thank Shayob

Dear ShayOB,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. The team and I appreciate receiving all forms of feedback as it allows opportunities for areas of improvement to be identified.

Should you wish to discuss your visit in more detail please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Wishes,

admir.mullaaliu@skycity.co.nz

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Staying regularly at sky city now on trips to Auckland
This is a fantastic hotel that is reasonably priced and caters to everybody
If you are having any issues simply call reception all things can and will be promptly remedied
There are areas of the hotel better suited to families (my kids love it)
In general everything up and away from the courtyard is best
My suggestion would be to phone the hotel and chat to the staff making bookings
Also ask about any deals going
The gym and pool at the grand are great and readily available and relatively easy to access and there are good options for eateries both within and nearby.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Tania 001,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at SKYCITY Hotel, in particular I note that we have exceeded your expectations since our previous review.

I am excited to announce our new Cardio Room has officially opened.
On your next visit I welcome you to try our brand new facilities.

I look forward to your next visit to SKYCITY Hotel.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here for two nights while on business in Auckland and overall impression was positive although there is that casino and gambling vibe 24 hours so not really the kind of place to stay if you want to relax. The rooms are fairly spacious and clean, and bed is huge. There is free wifi in the room but breakfast was not included in the room cost. Staff are friendly and helpful, and make sure you ask them to book a discount taxi if you are leaving to the airport from the hotel otherwise you might get stung by a $80-$90 cab fare.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Hi Nsteiner,

Thank you for posting your review of SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor.

The team and I look forward to your next visit to SKYCITY Hotel.

Thanks,