“Great location”

GreenLeadersGold level
perth
“Great location”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here from 16/01/2013 for 5 nights. When we arr it was my birthday & there was a plate of chocolates & birthday card in the room for me. It's a great location only 5 mins to Queen st which is the main shopping st in the city.Its also only a 15 min walk to the viaduct harbour. We had breakfast in the Fortunata Restaurant which has the normal buffet breakfast which was more than adequate.

1 Thank wishingPerth
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Operations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear WishingPerth,

Happy belated birthday. I am delighted to read our team assisted in making your birthday special. SKYCITY is located in the heart of Auckland City and is the perfect base to explore Auckland’s many attractions. Please do not hesitate to contact our Concierge if you would like recommendations on where to spend your time during your stay at SKYCITY Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel on your next visit to Auckland City.

Admir

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was our first trip to NZ and the first place we stayed. At first sight it appears incredibly busy but a lot of the activity relates to the casino part of the hotel. The staff were very helpful and we were taken to our room on the fourth floor. We had a great view of the harbour and the room was spacious, clean and tidy. The harbour is a 10 min walk away and of course the tower itself, with its amazing views, is on the doorstep. We had a good stay and would recommend the hotel. As we didn't use the casino we found it a slight irritation but this did not detract from our visit.

Room Tip: Insist on a high room with harbour view
1 Thank DavidH118WH
Dear DavidH118WH,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I hope you had an enjoyable first visit to New Zealand.

I was thrilled to read your comments regarding our friendly team. My team and I are dedicated to providing an exceptional guest experience and enjoy and celebrate receiving positive feedback such as your review.

My team and I wish you a safe return to London.

Best,
Bangalore
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Skycity at Auckland is a landmark. You can not beat this location. The hotel is nice and clean. The amenities are also fine. The best part is that you have skytower just in front of you. There are several eateries and shopping options closeby. Overall, it is a fine hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank JyothiNaresh
Dear JyothiNaresh,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

At 328 metres, the Sky Tower is the tallest man-made structure in New Zealand and is certainly an iconic feature of Auckland’s Skyline.

SKYCITY Hotel is located in the heart of Auckland City and we are fortunate to have a number of Auckland’s main tourist attractions on our doorstep. On your next stay please do not hesitate to contact our concierge team who will happily provide recommendations on must see attractions within Auckland City and SKYCITY.

Have a safe return trip to Bangalore. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel when you are next in Auckland City.

Kind regards,
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We spent most of December touring New Zealand, Starting in Aukland & ending in Christchurch. Our first stop was Skycity and we were immediately impressed. From the service at reception, the conciege to the room everything was superb. The foyer was decked out for Christmas and the whole place was spotless. Not that we had long enough to sample them all but the choice of restaurants and bars gives plenty of scope. The location is ideal for the city centre, with even the harbour area within easy walking distance and the Hertz office barely 5 minutes away.
Then there is the Sky Tower its self. Entrance made down an escalator from the foyer and again all attendant staff cheery and helpful. You can choose from just going to the viewing area, have a meal in the revolving restaurant, or take a walk outside at 192 metres above Aukland as we did. The view is amazing, but if like me and you don't particually like heights, slightly terrifying !
If you want to take the tour bus this also stops right outside.
I would most definately recommend this hotel !

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the water front
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Framps
Dear Framps,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and to share your photos on TripAdvisor. I hope you and your partner had an enjoyable time in New Zealand and you have returned safely to the United Kingdom.

I am extremely proud of my team and the level of service they provide. I will be delighted to share your review with my team.

Should you return to Auckland City my team and I would be thrilled to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel.

Fremont, California
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed here for 5 days during the Christmas holidays. The hotel staff were helpful, the location is great,Walking distance if you wanna get some shopping done.All tourist tour buses pick up and drop off here which is great.We also tried the restaurant and casino both of which were good.I'm sure it would be more appropriately priced if we hadn't chosen to travel in the most expensive week of the year.Overall I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MissB23
Dear MissB23,

Thank you for your recommendation on TripAdvisor. My team and I hope you had a safe return journey to California.

My team and I hope to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the near future.

Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Was pleasantly surprised with this hotel - it was a lot friendlier and more personable than I expected of a large hotel-casino complex. Everyone from the reception staff to the cleaners were really friendly and helpful. Despite the noisy, bustling lobby, the hotel floors were very quiet, so you felt that you could get away from all the action. The room was clean and comfortable, and the location was great - just a few minutes walk from Queen Street and only a tiny bit further to the waterfront. A very nice hotel that I would happily visit again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Jay_BKK
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Operations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Jay_BKK,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I wish you a safe journey back to Myanmar.

Best,
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is a great place that I totally recommend. We have to contact the hotel just after finishing the reservation because of an error we made and the answered clearly and quickly. Once we got there, the staff was very friendly and helped us arranging the transportation to the airport (we were leaving very early). Check-in and check-out were fast, which is a plus. The hotel works well for couples and families, and pretty sure is also great for business.

1 Thank Antonio G
Dear Kront,

Thank you for your recommendation on TripAdvisor.

I was thrilled to read your comments regarding our friendly and helpful team. My team and I are dedicated to providing an exceptional guest experience and enjoy and celebrate receiving positive feedback such as your review.

My team and I wish you a safe return to Madrid.