“Great value” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Austin, Texas
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is a great place that I totally recommend. We have to contact the hotel just after finishing the reservation because of an error we made and the answered clearly and quickly. Once we got there, the staff was very friendly and helped us arranging the transportation to the airport (we were leaving very early). Check-in and check-out were fast, which is a plus. The hotel works well for couples and families, and pretty sure is also great for business.

1 Thank Antonio G
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Operations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Kront,

Thank you for your recommendation on TripAdvisor.

I was thrilled to read your comments regarding our friendly and helpful team. My team and I are dedicated to providing an exceptional guest experience and enjoy and celebrate receiving positive feedback such as your review.

My team and I wish you a safe return to Madrid.

Admir

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were given a voucher for the City Experience and were very pleased with our stay. It included a dinner at either Orbit or The Observatory, valet parking, sparkling wine, late check out and a sky tower entrance. We were warmly greeted by the parking attendants and quickly checked in and given an upgrade to a suite.
The suite was large and I believe recently refurbished in taupe, green, and browns with a comfortable living area separate from the bedroom. The rooms were connected by double doors and also via the toilet/ bathroom. Our view was of the street and sky tower. The king bed was comfortable and there was a tv in both rooms. However, the picture was a bit fuzzy.
The bathroom had a bathtub for one, a vanity with a sink in one area and in the connecting space was the toilet, shower and a small hand sink. Nothing fancy, but clean and fresh
We opted for dinner at Orbit and really did have a fine time checking out the scenery and enjoying the changing light of dusk into dark. I highly recommend going at a time frame that allows this transition. While Oribt may not be up there with fine dining best in Auckland we had a pretty good meal and very good service. All and all a great time pretending to be a tourist in our own city and we are fussy where we spend our dining dollars with some may great places to eat.
Breakfast was included in out deal and as we got up to late to visit the restaurant buffet, room service was offered and we enjoyed some decent eggs benedict. The restaurant staff were very accommodating in providing us with our breakfast requirements.
We had no problems with the lifts and did not have any long waits.
Our service from start to finish was really good. Warm and friendly with lots of smiles. We had a great stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank avb13
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Operations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear avb13,

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your mini break at SKYCITY Hotel on the City Experience package. Secondly I am delighted to read my team upgraded you to a suite. I believe this package offers exceptional value for money with a taste of some of the best experiences SKYCITY has to offer. Please keep an eye on our website for a full list of our Hotel packages and latest promotions.

Orbit offers spectacular 360 degree views of Auckland City. Standing at over 190 metres above the ground Orbit stands out as one of Auckland City’s top dining experiences.

Should you wish to have another mini break in your Home City my team and I would be delighted to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel.

Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

This weekend (11th - 13th January 2013) my partner and I stayed at Skycity Hotel for his 21st Birthday! We booked the cheapest room available and were lucky enough to be upgraded to a Harbour View room. The best hotel I have stayed at so far and will be my first choice for Auckland accommodation in the future!

Room Tip: Try to book a room that is at the end of the hallways, much quieter!
1 Thank Lauren S
Dear Lauren S,

Happy 21st Birthday, I am delighted our team upgraded you to a suite and assisted in making your birthday weekend extra special.

My team and I hope to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the near future. Please keep an eye on our website and facebook page for latest updates regarding promotions and exciting new SKYCITY Hotel facilities.

Kind regards,
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

This weekend (January 12th and 13th) my partner and I stayed at the SkyCity hotel. We stayed in a standard room and were delighted with it.

We were in Auckland for a concert at Vector Arena on Friday and were impressed with the location of SkyCity. SkyCity is a cheap ($10 taxi ride) to Vector Arena. It is also walking distance to the ferries which can take you to Devon Port and Waiheke Island as well as Queen Street and many other Auckland attractions.

The room was excellent. A massive bed which gave us a fantastic sleep for both nights. The rooms are quiet, airconditioned with black out curtains. I was not disturbed by other guests.

When you stay at SkyCity you are allowed to use the swimming pool, spa, sauna and gym facilities avaliable at SkyCity Grand Hotel which was very useful.

The staff are very friendly and professional at SkyCity and made us both feel welcome. I only have three very minor recommendations for our stay:

1) No shower caps are provided in the standard rooms. Guests will need to bring there own.
2) The bathroom mirror will steam up during your stay in the standard room. Either leave the door open while you are having your shower, or accept that the mirror will be out of action for a while after you have showered.
3) Our room deal included wifi, but I was unable to access this in our room.

However, despite these minor issues we had a fantastic time and would definitely go back. This hotel suits both couples and families and is definitely perfectly located to enable a fun holiday. I would recommend this hotel.

2 Thank Olivia M
Dear Olivia M,

I am thrilled to read you and your partner had an enjoyable stay at SKYCITY Hotel on the 12th and 13th of January. I am pleased to read you made the most of your weekend in Auckland.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with the details of your booking and I will happily update your guest profile requesting a shower cap in your guest room on future visits.

Wi-fi is accessible throughout our property including all guest rooms. I apologise for the challenges you experienced accessing this service. Please be assured I will investigate to determine where the breakdown occurred.

I am very excited to inform you SKYCITY Hotel will soon be complete with a new cardio room which will be located on Hotel Level 4. Planning is now finished and we have started construction. We look forward to being able to offer this new facility to our guests in early March.

My team and I would be delighted to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel for another weekend stay should you return to Auckland City. .

Best wishes,
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Had a wonderful stay here last week. Concierge staff were delightful and faultless. Best hotel staff I have experienced so far. Room was clean and tidy with comfortable beds. Free wifi is awesome - more hotels should offer this! Casino next door offered cheap meals (3.95 fish and chips or Laksa) and we also were given casino chip credits for staying at the hotel. Great spot to spend a weekend in central Auckland. If I ever return to Auckland - ill be back at the Skycity Hotel.

Thank you very much for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ItcheePheet
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Operations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear ItcheePheet,

Thank you for your recommendation on TripAdvisor. My team and I wish you a safe return journey to Adelaide.

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the level of service provided by our Concierge team, we are proud to have two members of the prestigious Hotel Concierge Society Les Clefs d’Or New Zealand as part of team.

If you return to Auckland City my team and I would be delighted to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel. Should you require any assistance in making a booking please do not hesitate to contact me.

Admir.mullaaliu@skycity.co.nz
Nerang, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

This hotel is a must when staying in Auckland if you love the hustle and bustle of a major casino hotel. We were made to feel very welcome when we arrived, and to our pleasant surprise our room was upgraded to a suite. We stayed four nights and it was one of the main highlights of our three week tour of New Zealand. The room was spotless and the bathroom facilities excellent even down to the miniature toiletries supplied.

We stayed over Christmas so it was very busy but once in our room we would never have known, there was not much hotel noise at all.

There are plenty of restaurants at the hotel, we tried Rebo which was excellent value for money. But we thought the Fortuna Restaurant buffet was a little ordinary for the price. We also tried the revolving restaurant at the Sky Tower which was very good, and the room service contintental breakfast was excellent.

We found the staff to be very professional and helpful and we will definitely stay again the next time we visit Auckland.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the harbour.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Maxine C
Dear Maxine C,

Here at SKYCITY Hotel we celebrate great feedback and I have printed your review and posted on our team notice board.

I encourage my team to go above and beyond to provide an exceptional guest experience and I am thrilled to read you were complimentary upgraded to a suite.

On your next stay please do not hesitate to contact our concierge team who will happily provide recommendations on restaurants which best meet your dining preferences.

Best,
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Skycity Hotel was a very nice hotel; clean, reasonable prices for a major city and
a good location - not far from the waterfront but in the city.
A viewing from the tower is a must but a bit scarey if you don't like heights.
There are different levels. However you get a 360o view of the city of Auckland - part which closed off for work on our trip. The blue coloured glass does spoil one's photos though. Seating is provided in the foyer near the reception desk although obscure.
Very helpful staff. A bit of a walk around to our room though from the lift. We did not have a great view but were still able to see out of the window. Breakfast was not included but there was a restaurant in the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for one near the lift if you have a lot of luggage.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TheTessa
Dear TheTessa,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at SKYCITY Hotel.

SKYCITY Hotel is located in the heart of Auckland City and we are fortunate to have a number of Auckland’s main tourist attractions on our doorstep. On your next stay please do not hesitate to contact our concierge team who will happily provide recommendations on must see attractions within Auckland City and SKYCITY.

At 328 metres, the Sky Tower is the tallest man-made structure in New Zealand and is certainly an iconic feature of Auckland’s Skyline. On your next visit to the Sky Tower I recommend you explore Auckland’s landscape with the new Eye in the Sky technology. Using a 42 inch touch screen panel you can view Auckland using the latest technology.

My team and I wish you a pleasant return trip to Melbourne and would hope to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel if you should return to Auckland City.