“Convenient and reliable”

GreenLeadersGold level
Wellington, New Zealand
“Convenient and reliable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have stayed here several times now for both business and pleasure. It is centrally located, handy to the CBD, shopping and good restaurants. The rooms are well appointed and I find the staff and overall service very good. One hint would be to ask for a room on floor 2 or 3 and not facing the road as it can on occasion be a bit noisy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jacquelynrose
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Operations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Jacquelynrose,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read you found our staff and overall service very good. I have shared your review with my team at morning briefing and my team and I look forward to your next visit to SKYCITY Hotel.

I welcome you to contact me directly to allow me to update your guest profile with your room preference.

Best,
admir.mullaaliu@skycity.co.nz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Tauranga, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Clean, roomy, modern, but beds were only doubles. With the four of us we were happy there was also a small couch for one of the kids. The husband and youngest shared one bed and I had my own. The two of us (adults) in a double bed would not have been comfortable, especially since I wasn't feeling the best.

Ordered a salad at 10pm (I skipped dinner) and had the BEST lettuce ever! The first time I had ever ordered room service anywhere, so glad it was here! I think I ate it in record time! So incredibly fresh. Yum!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank usakiwimom
Dear usakiwimom

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your room service experience. I have shared your feedback with our in room dining team who were thrilled to see your comments.

On your next visit to SKYCITY I welcome you to book a Premium Twin Suite. With a spacious living area and dining area and a separate bedroom with two double beds. Also, rollaway beds are available on request.

We hope to welcome you and your family back to SKYCITY on your next visit to Auckland City.

New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Could have been better but happy over all I stayed here with my 2 daughters in October. I was a bit put off having emailed a few days before for directions from the airport bus and having not received a response.
Check in was good but credit card charges should have been advised.
Early check in was greatly appreciated.
They did know 3 people were staying in the room so wasnt the best that I had to ask for an extra coffee mug and glass. No view to speak of but the room was spacious and well appointed.
We had dinner in the Orbit restaurant - service was fantastic! Amazing views and food and they treated my girls (6 and 8) like princesses!
Concierge sevrvice was amazingly helpful

room lighting could have better - a tad dull and hard to see at night time.

all in all a lovely handy place to stay and would be happy to stay again

Hopefully there wont be stray hairs in the shower this time!

Great location and despite the little things above its good value for money

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Chippie_7

I am pleased to read my team assisted you with an early check in.

Thank you for your feedback regarding Orbit. I have feedback your comments to the head chef and restaurant manager who will share your feedback with their team.

On your next visit to SKYCITY Hotel if you require any assistance with directions or information prior to arrival please contact myself or our Concierge team on hotel.concierge@skycity.co.nz.

My team and I look forward to your next stay at SKYCITY Hotel.

Hervey Bay, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here for one night on our way to our honeymoon destination. The staff were wonderful, had left chocolates and a card in our room to say Happy Honeymoon. The hotel is very nice and a great location close to Viaduct Harbour which we could see out our window.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view before you go, they told us they couldn't guarantee it but came throu...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Operations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Kimby,

Firstly congratulations on your recent marriage.

I am delighted to read my team and I assisted in making your honeymoon special. I believe it is the little touches that make the difference between a good stay and an exceptional stay and here at SKYCITY we strive for excellence.

If you return to Auckland City my team and I would be delighted to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

This hotel is in a great location in the central city, it's a easy walk to the Viaduct, downtown area as well as the parks, restaurants and bars. The rooms are very well appointed and spacious with a super king bed and comfy sofa. We were on the 3rd floor in a inside room looking onto a courtyard and it was very quiet. Check in and check out was easy and the staff on reception are very pleasant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Peggy,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

We are spoilt for choice in terms of the number of attractions located in close proximity to SKYCITY Hotel. Not to mention the number of entertainment offerings within SKYCITY.

If you need suggestions on how best to spend your time while staying at SKYCITY Hotel our Concierge will be delighted to assist.

Best wishes,
Alamogordo, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

The hotel was amazing to look at when we arrived; the sky tower was literally right in front. The hotel has a lot of amenities to include the sky tower, sky jumping, casino, and multiple restaurants/bars. The reception was pretty helpful; they helped us get a shuttle to the airport that was fairly cheap and answered all of our questions. The only negative I would say is checkout, there was a large line but it moved along fairly fast. The room was very large and nice and had two large beds and a fully stocked minibar. The price was surprisingly cheap considering that it was a super touristy hotel and in a great location to many bars and restaurants in the CBD. Also, the free wifi was a SUPER BONUS for all those who have traveled New Zealand and were tired of the 6 NZD an hour charge for wifi at other hotels. Overall, I would recommend just being near the sky tower at night, it is a sight to see!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Daniel Z,

Thank you for your overall positive feedback, I have passed this onto my team.

I welcome you to contact me with your details to allow me to fully investigate the staffing levels during your checkout. I appreciate your feedback as it allows my team and I to identify areas for improvement and ensure we provide an exceptional guest experience at all times.

I hope to hear from you shortly.

Kind regards,
Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is in the central city and because of that is a little noisy.The rooms are generous in size and modern.the amenities are a problem as you use the casino resturants with other public and the parking is expensive at $30.00 and the casino car park was not good for leaving stock in and took some time to get to .Food on offer in Fortune resturant was poor along with the service.This hotel is really suited to people wanting to play in the casino.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Susie,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor.

Our guest rooms have recently been refurbished and guest feedback on the refurbishment has been extremely positive.

With over 25 restaurants and bars located within SKYCITY there is something to suit all tastes and a number of our restaurants have become an essential Auckland experience. If you require assistance booking a table our Concierge team will happily help with making a booking where reservations are accepted.

Here at SKYCITY we have a number of parking options available. Valet parking is available at $35 a day with unlimited entrance and exit privileges. If you prefer to Self Park please speak to our guest service representative who will issue you with an exit ticket for $20. Should you wish to discuss in more detail our front office team will gladly assist.

Following your feedback regarding your experience at Fortuna I welcome you to contact me with your details to allow me to fully investigate your feedback.

Kind regards,