“Consistent”

GreenLeadersGold level
Pukekohe, New Zealand
“Consistent”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We have stayed here several times, it never disappoints. Have had several different room grades from entry up to suit level. All are good. entry level is fine, but if you get upgraded for free-Take the suite, its great.
Food up on Orbit was some of the best we have ever had.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BenHancock
SKYCITY H, Hotel Operations Manager, SKYCITY Hotel at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Ben,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to hear you have had the opportunity to stay in our spacious and modern rooms.

I am pleased to inform you we are in the project preparation stages of a bathroom refurbishment and we look forward to rolling this out across our property.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY in the near future.

Best wishes
Admir

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic choice for a hotel in the city. Glad I asked if there was a swimming pool, it's in the adjacent grand hotel but available to guests here. Only detracting thing was the outdated analog TV signal.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Operations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Andrew C, Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor.

My team and I were pleased to hear you took advantage of the facilities at SKYCITY Grand hotel which are available to all SKYCITY Hotel guests. I am excited to say SKYCITY Hotel will soon be complete with a new gym which will be located on Hotel Level 4. We are in the development stage and we look forward to being able to offer this new facility to our guests.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My young family stayed here for 4 nights in August 2012. Very comfortable and stylish accommodation, however I would not recommend families stay in a room - two double beds were provided in one room and there was not much else space, so too cramped for a family but excellent for single or couples where space is not a priority. Good quality and excellent service. Wonderful location, very central. Plenty of restaurants to choose from in the hotel and the room service was fantastic. Great room decor but the bathroom was not quite up to the same standard. All very clean. A bit of noise from the road downstairs (pub/restaurant) but not enough to disturb light sleeper. No opening windows but aircon worked well in room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Gina H,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. On your next stay with us I welcome you and your family to book a premium twin suite which includes a separate bedroom which includes two double beds and a spacious living area with a comfortable couch and plush sitting area and two plasma televisions.

SKYTower has a number of kids activities available - including our very own Scotty the SKYTower.
Shhhhh, just between you and I while nobody is listening, Santa will be here next month with plenty of gifts. Please check our website for our latest promotions or with our concierge desk.

We hope to have you stay with us in the near future.

Best,
Admir,
Whangarei, New Zealand
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Recently my partner and I celebrated three milestones in our lives 2 x significant birthdays as well as our anniversary.
I made contact with several large hotels in Auckland in search of a deal to suit such an occasion and Skycity responded with one of their package deals on offer.

Right from the start of the enquiry and booking process the team were amazing and this shone through to the weekend itself.
What an amazing package that just made the whole weekend feel super special from the moment we handed our car keys to the valet parking attendant to the minute we checked out.

Greeting us on arrival in our room (which they upgraded to a suite for the occasion from the usual room) was a bottle of bubbles chilled to perfection, chocolate dipping sauce to accompany the fresh fruit and a noodle box of bath bombs, luxury soaps and massage oil.

As for the breakfast the next day in our room and included as part of the package, complete with toast kept warm in its own personal crisp white serving cloth, never in my life have I felt so rockstar!

Thanks Skycity Hotel
You made our celebration one to remember forever

Dear ACJMc,

My team and I were delighted to read your experience at SKYCITY is one you will remember forever - Happy Belated Birthday from us all.

SKYCITY Hotel has a number of packages available with options to suit all tastes. Please see our website for our latest offerings.

I hope you have a safe trip back to Whangarei and we look forward to your future stay on your next special occasion.

Kind regards,
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed October 24, 2012

As a working couple with four kids, it's always great to get away from Wellington for a weekend together and Labour Weekend was just the perfect opportunity to share our get away with a couple of friends. I had booked the City Experience package for my partner and I and our friends, arriving Friday and leaving Sunday. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the valet staff who took care of our bags and vehicle. Checking in at reception was just a breeze and in no time, we were relaxing in our rooms with our chocolates and bottle of bubbles, getting ready to show Auckland City off to our friends (as this was their first time away together anywhere in more 10 years).

Returning from our stroll and freshly cleaned up for dinner we headed to The Observatory. Dinner was great with a good selection of food. The service was brilliant and the wine just hit the mark. The view was just magical in every respect.

Breakfast on the Saturday at Fortuna was great aswell. Brekkie was just yum. Love how they can also make things to order. The rest of the day was spent touring different attractions around Auckland before returning back to the hotel for Dinner. Now, although my partner and I have eaten at The Orbit Restaurant before, every time is always different. The food was just exceptional, which matched the service by the waiting staff. Our waiter, Mr Mandeep, proved to be invaluable especially when he spotted a minor defect with my partners dish and quickly took it back to the chef. He even brought a complementary glass of wine for each of us as an apology for the minor defect, which in itself, explains the service you get when you dine there. The view transitioning from day to night was surreal and it complemented every single dish we had. Such an excellent night with great food, delicately prepared by a skillful chef.

Sunday's breakfast at Fortuna was more of a review of our weekend. With everything centralised from the casino through to eateries and bars, our friends have vowed to return again, but first shouting their daughter and her husband the very same package for her birthday in January next year. We have already booked to return next year aswell for the Seafood Festival staying at Skycity Hotel again... Thankyou Skycity!!!!

Room Tip: Look at the packages and see whats on offer... packages work out cheaper than if you pay for them se...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Chris N
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Operations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Chris N,

It is always nice to take time out and I pleased to read your partner and your friends had a truly enjoyable weekend at SKYCITY.

Orbit is a truly unique experience with amazing 360-degree views of Auckland City. Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding Mandeep I have shared your feeback with Mandeep and the team at Orbit.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel next January for the seafood festival.

We have a range of packages our guests can select from. Please visit our website for the latest package deals.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I can not express how wonderful the Sky City Experience Package was... I organised it for a special birthday celebration and it was wonderful from beginning to end. The first person I spoke to was over the booking line and she was helpful, able to answer my many questions and made special mention that it was for my partners birthday on the record for all other staff to know :-) And then when checking in, the gentleman at front desk was absolutely exceptional at his job, and at making me feel like this was going to be a truly special occassion for my partner. He was helpful, and so very efficient! Then throughout the stay, the hotel cleaners were friendly, the staff everywhere were helpful and yet we felt like we had the place to ourselves when in our room with no interuptions and just enjoyable everything... the experience package included chocs and champanye on arrival and it was beautiful... we went to the Orbit for dinner and again the wait staff were friendly, and very helpful and the food was DEVINE! Then we went to the Skytower and again, the girl in the elevator that took us up was happy, friendly and it just made everything enjoyable... We didn't go to the casino, but only because we LOVED being in our room with two TV's and the biggest shower hehe And of course a lovely bath... But we did walk through Sky City itself and there was so much happening that we could of done, so next time we will make it a week that we stay...

The best thing is that we are Aucklanders and see Sky City everyday of our lives, yet when we were there, it was like being in a whole other world... we got to talk to overseas visitors that were all around, so it was like taking a trip over seas... And yes, it was definately an amazing and fulfilling experience!!

Thank you Sky City Hotel for being so accomodating and offering such an amazing place to stay - we will definately be back!!! :-)

Room Tip: Ask if you are able to get a room with a view, as this makes it even more special :)
Dear Leanne,

Reading your review made my day, I think it is the little details that make the difference between a good stay and an exceptional stay. I have shared your rievew with the rest of my team and they are absolutely thrilled.

Here at SKYCITY Hotel we strive for excellence and I was delighted to read our team assisted in making your partner’s birthday celebration a truely exceptional experience.

I am glad to read you will definitely be back, my team and I look forward to seeing you soon.

auckland
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Booked skycity package from own website, we booked city experience which included the premium king room, room was very clean and absolutely loved the bed, it was huge!! love love love, tv reception was variable as it was a windy night and so sky kept cutting out but other than that we had an amazing stay....very clean rooms and bathrooms, service was very good, we were well attended to...will definitely stay again, thank you for an amazing and memorable stay

Dear Jocelyn,

What a refreshing review. I am pleased you enjoyed your City Experience Package. This has proved an extremely popular package with many of our guests. It gives you a real taste of some of the best experiences SKYCITY has to offer with SKYTOWER access, dinner at either Orbit or Observatory and breakfast at Fortuna.

I am delighted to read your stay was amazing and memorable. Our team aims to ensure every guest has such an experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY.

Sincerely