1,362 results
All reviews washer dryer albert park free wifi valet parking studio room queen street small balcony new zealand full kitchen university harbour auckland kitchenette cbd balconies toaster oven
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed for 10 days on a business trip.
Awesome - friendly front counter staff (e.g. Grace). Restaurant staff also really pleasant and accommodating. If you want privacy, check out the hidden alcove behind the bar. I used it a couple of times for breakfast chats.
I had dinner on my last night. Rib steak was perfect.
Good - kitchen unit and washer/dryer were very handy. The icons on the Indesit washer are a bit confusing. I had to call a clerk who came up to show me how it worked. I later learned my colleague's solution was reading the manual on the Internet.
Buffet breakfast has good variety and priced at $22. I chose not to use the kitchen facilities but could have if I wanted to save money.
Okay - burnt out light bulb replacement. I removed the bulb from the socket and left a note. The same broken bulb was put back in. Huh? Second notice I added "bulb is broken" on the note. That got it fixed.
Only 3 plastic hangers. No problem though. I phoned front desk and had 6 more immediately delivered. No chest of drawers so had to leave some clothing in the suitcase.
The front entrance way is narrow and always seemed jammed full of cars. Need to alert at all times to avoid an accident.
If you like to walk, bring grippy walking shoes. Steep hills all around the hotel.
Being a single occupant, the small bathroom and shower was no big concern. If my wife was with me, well that could be problem.
Elevator security requires inserting you room card. Understandable but awfully inconvenient when trying to visit colleagues on different floors. Then we discovered that was only for one of the 3 elevators. Inserting your card in the others allowed access to all floors.
The surcharge for paying with a credit card is annoying. But I assume this is standard practice in NZ.
Needs improvement - Wifi is free but you get what you pay for. Extremely slow. I ran several speed tests throughout the week. Best I could get was 0.72Mbps. Also experienced dropouts and access denied issues. I was on the 13th floor.
Hotel has guest umbrellas. However, the only time I requested one didn't work as the ones left were all broken.
All in all, a nice stay since time at the hotel was limited to sleeping and eating breakfast. I would need to think twice about staying in a standard room with my wife. One colleague booked a two bedroom suite. The days we needed to do work in the hotel were spent there.

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Gary W
VRGroup, General Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2014

Dear Gary W,

Thank you for taking time to post your valuable feedback. We are glad that you had a very nice experience at The Quadrant.

In regards to your concerns; we are in a process to modify the security access cards to make it convenient for our guests. Yes, credit card surcharge is the normal procedure in New Zealand.
For travelling with family and/or partner: One Bedroom Classic/Executive/Premiere or Two Bedroom Executive/Premiere are excellent options.
We have noted your concerns carefully and appropriate amendments are being made to avoid any such re-occurrences.

We wish to welcoming you again and enhancing your stay with us.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 13, 2014

At first, the hotel seems quite pleasant and clean. The room was big enough for two adults and our luggage. The bed was comfortable enough and they provided free wi-fi which is always a bonus. The location of the hotel is a 10 minute walk away from the city.

However, the pleasantries end there. After a day out, we came back to find that my Tiffany and Co glasses had been damaged. I had placed my glasses on the kitchen table before we left and when we came back, they were on the bed side table. I picked them up and one side was bent back, like someone had stepped on them. We booked the hotel for two nights and decided to check out after the first night. We raised this issue with the manager that was on that day (26th June) and she took photos of my glasses and said the Cleaning manager will give me a call about the issue but I did not hear from them at all. They apologised but did not look very sincere at all. I am very unhappy about this issue as my glasses were very expensive!

Very disappointed and started our trip on a sour note. We will never be back.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie D
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed for work, got a really bad nights sleep, room was beside lift shaft, toilet was broken, bed was uncomfortable , TV was in lounge only.
Nice and central to CBD but not good enough at price charged

Room tip: Don't stay by the lifts!
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed in a 2-bed room suite for 3 days during my recent trip to Auckland. Really enjoyed the experience in this hotel. To me, the room is very well furnished, including kitchen appliances, cooking utensils, and washing machines, and has a neat interior presentation.

I stayed at the 18th floor. From the windows of the balcony, there is a great view of the harbour front. The buffet breakfast is not sumptuous, but nice enough for giving guests a nice home-dinning feeling in a cosy corner of the lobby.

The only complaint to put forward is the lack of selection of TV channels.

Overall, the hotel is conveniently located and well maintained. Staff are friendly and helpful. Highly recommend it to business travellers and small families.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
VRGroup, General Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Xkarrows X,

Sincere thank you for your encouraging feedback. We were equally delighted to have you as our valued guest.

We would kindly like to inform you that we are working on increasing our TV channels and we assure you on your next stay you will have a variety of channels to select from.

We look forward to welcoming you again and offering you a delightful experience.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 6, 2014

To call this a 4.5 star hotel is stretching the truth to it's limit, even though we purchased a night via Grab One we do not expect a superior/deluxe room though the standard room should still be of 4.5 star quality, it was ludicrously small, particularly the bathroom which the shower door couldn't fully open due to hitting the basin.
No luggage rack - had to use the floor.
No desk unit under the TV just a little cabinet with a hole in the wall with the cable coming out of it.
No bedside tables, so no alarm clock or space to put your phone or whatever on.
Wifi was so weak, I used Starbucks the next day to get my emails.
The dining room was obviously an afterthought for this hotel as it is bang opposite the lifts and is noisy and you feel like an exhibit when people are coming and going from the elevators and the breakfast was a let down and not worth the effort.
Our room was right opposite an apartment block and very close too and we had people looking into our room during the day as we had no net curtains and our only option was to close the curtains and turn the lights on in our room to get some privacy.

This hotel appears to be a training hotel for international hotel students and we had some language issues with some staff,

I understand that this is a particularly negative review but it was really that bad, and if the management do respond to this request please do not use the copy and paste text you use from your other replies - they are meaningless responses.

Room tip: To get a nice room - book another hotel.
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank uglygorilla
VRGroup, General Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Dear uglygorilla,

Sorry to hear your stay did not go well.

It is not the norm at The Quadrant Hotel & Suites to have slow internet. In fact we get a lot of appreciation from our guests on good speed of internet.

Also in regards to the quality of our staff, they go extra mile in the lighting of our guests with their spectacular service.

However, to investigate issues raised by you further, please let us know your name, arrival and departure dates which we are unable to make from your post.

Kind Regards,