“An ok Experience”

The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Nothing terminally bad about this hotel, but nothing that really impressed either. I was upgraded to a two bedroom suite with a nice view of the harbour. The room was looking a bit tired (the hair drier didn't work, the toilet cistern kept dripping and the walls were knocked and scuffed in places) and the service was lacking (free wifi was only valid for 24 hours during a two day stay, the room wasn't serviced and as luck would have I got a room without heating or air con on a day in Auckland when heat was needed). In summary, if none of the above matter to you and there's a deal going, it's a viable option.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Minna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thanks for your feedback. We are disappointed that your stay was an OK stay and not the best, as that is what we aim for. We are sorry about the issues with the hair dryer and toilet cistern . They should not have been there, but had we been advised, we would have certainly addressed them during your stay. But thank you for letting us know, and I have forwarded the issued to respective departments to be addressed.
Regarding WiFi, it is free for our guest through out their stay, If you happen to use all your data, we are more than happy to recharge your card again for you.
For the value that we offer our customers we certainly endeavor to do all we can to ensure you have a pleasant stay at our property. I would like to ask you to give us another chance to let you know that this is certainly not Quadrant standard.

Take care and I hope next time upon staying with us it is a better experience.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed in the cheapest studio room, and while it is tiny and I was glad it was just me in there, it was pretty good. Mini kitchenette, laundry, free wifi (of variable standard). The housekeeping was a bit haphazard - some days a bath mat, some days not etc. If you aren't going to spend much time in the room and happy to watch TV from bed, then its a good spot. The fitness room could do with some new eqpt (the squeaking from the cross trainer was awful) and some aircon so you are not steaming from the adjacent spa.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JaneyR69

Dear Valued Guest,
Thanks for your feedback. We are happy about the positive comments for us. We have also taken note of the few issues you have raised. The matters have been forwarded to the respective department heads. Thanks for letting us know. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better.

Please stay in touch with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed at The Quadrant for 2 nights to see the Cirque du Soleil. We were quite disappointed for the amount that we paid for the hotel-$388 for 2 nights. The bathroom was TINY with 1 small soap which we had to shift from the hand basin to the shower and back. There was no hand towel or face cloth. I booked this hotel through booking.com and was charged more on my credit card than the room cost on booking.com. The hotel is very handy to Vector and Britomart, but would not use it again as there are cheaper hotels which are better.

Room Tip: Room was on 14th floor - had an ok view and a nice little deck.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Minna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Heather,
I thank you for taking the time to share the experience during your last stay.
We pride ourselves in offering a high level of service. I am very disappointed that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay. I apologise for the poor housekeeping experience you had. I will surely follow it up as this is certainly not the Quadrant standard.
Regarding you being charged more than the rate on booking.com is because there is a credit card surcharge added to the charge whenever the payment is done through credit card. This is very clearly mentioned in the booking confirmation email that we send.
Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. I would love to have you come back and give us another chance to prove that we are actually worth the price we charge.
Do not hesitate to contact me directly at quad.corp@vrhotels.co.nz if you might reconsider staying with us again in the future so I can ensure you a more comfortable stay.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed here as part of a conference. Several fellow attendees had the following experiences: bad smell coming from the plumbing; arrived to find room uncleaned, complained to front desk, came back two hours later, room still not ready; electrical socket hanging off the wall. My first room was highly unpleasant; when I changed rooms, I was put in one that was missing several items. I finally had to resort to tracking down the conference organizer to submit a complaint as the front desk was completely unresponsive and unhelpful. Would not recommend to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room here; go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Voyageur613
Minna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We pride ourselves in offering high level of service. We are disappointed that your experience was not a pleasant one. Any feedback we receive helps us to be better.
As posted, you stayed with us in Dec'2012. It is almost an year after that now, and it becomes a little difficult for me to follow up on this with the staff. Had we been advised of this on time, we would have investigated and addressed. Such feedbacks are of a major concern to me. You can see by our other reviews that we take great pride in our service standards – we invest a lot of time in training and hiring to ensure we have the most capable team. But thank you for letting us know as it keeps us alert towards maintaining our standards.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed here for one night last week. This is a modern hotel. My room was on Level 19. The room was not large, but it was very sunny and had everything I needed. The bathroom was adequate. No bath, however the shower was large enough, the water pressure was better than some hotels I've been in. Large fluffy towels, hair dryer, hand soap, shower gel and body moisturizer supplied. The bed was large and comfy with adequate pillows. There was a small balcony off my room with nice city and water views. I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the past and found that rooms on the lower levels look straight into another apartment. So if you are staying here and want a room with a view then advise them of this and request a room on a higher level. I also liked that entry to the various floors required a room card. There is a restaurant and also a small bar. It is a handy location to the universities ( walking distance). It's next door to the Hyatt Regency Hotel. There are plenty of taxis available from the Hyatt although the team at reception are very helpful and always called me a taxi. It's also located by the high courts. For people who enjoy walking I think this is a handy location down to the waterfront. I enjoy staying here because it is clean, safe and comfortable and the staff at reception always friendly. I also liked that they delivered me a morning newspaper without having to request one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the top with a view. Otherwise you could end up with a room that looks across to a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank 156AnneF156

Dear Valued Guest,
Thanks for the great feedback..We are very glad to hear that you had a very positive experience! We pride ourselves on our friendly and efficient staff, so it is wonderful to hear that they assisted in making your stay even more enjoyable. It is wonderful that you embraced and enjoyed what we offer here at The Quadrant. Your feedback is a great driver in ensuring that we work hard to maintain the high standards we have. Thanks for your encouragement and support.
Please stay in touch with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed for 5 nights recently and overall it was a good experience.

The rooms are small but well equipped. The kitchenette was very functional and the room was light and bright. I had a nice outlook down to the harbour.

The location is terrific, close to the city and walking distance to most transport links and Business district.

Instructions for the washing machine we're missing from the info folder and it was not intuitive.

Room service was nothing special, but served the purpose. There are so many good restaurants near by I wouldn't bother with it again

House keeping was fine, but it was irritating to return from a day out at 4:30pm to find the room hadn't been serviced

Overall, a bargain for what I paid, I would stay again very happily

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Jacf05
Minna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are very glad to hear that you had a good experience, staying with us. There are many things that made up for your good stay and we are happy that you enjoyed what we offer. There is a mention of some service delays. I apologise for that. I will follow it up and make sure it is not repeated again. Also the washing machine instructions are now in place. Thanks for letting us know.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I don't usually want to be too negative in my reviews and pick out at least a few positives... Unfortunately I'm really struggling with this one!

Negatives 1- Upon arrival to the room a very strange and strong egg like smell hit me, so much so i went straight to the ranch slider to get some very needed fresh air in the room. I'm not sure where or what the smell is but each time we go away and come back to the room it still there and 'hits' you again

2- There is stains on the couch, looks like food maybe, not sitting there.

3- No tv in the bedroom. So our room is a kind of one bedroom setup it had the bedroom off the living, kitchen, bathroom area. The bedroom is split from the rest by a wardrobe and a sliding door. The tv is not viewable from the bedroom, when on holiday I looooove watching the tv from bed unfortunately cant do that here

4- 1 last moan - there were no face cloths/ flannels I did ring reception and asked for some which were brought up fairly quickly.

Onto some positives

1- the hotel is central and close to queen st.

2- large room service menu

3- comfortable bed

4- iPhone docking alarm clock.

I guess for me unfortunately with the amount of hotels on offer in Auckland I wouldn't come back here I would take my chances with another place

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrSmith00

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your feed back. We are disappointed that your experience with us was not as good. We apologise for that.
There are a few issues raised. Regarding the strange smell in the room, had we been informed, we would have definitely organised a room move for you.
We are sorry you could not enjoy the T.V. from your bed, as the layout of the room you booked has the T.V. in the lounge but we do have a lot of rooms with the T.V. in the bedrooms as well.
The stains on the couch are a concern with me and I have followed this up with the executive housekeeper.
We are glad that there are a few things you liked, like our location, beds and some other things. Thanks for that.
Take care and we hope you do give us another chance to show our hospitality.