“Nice Stay at the Quadrant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland

The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland
Ranked #26 of 68 Hotels in Auckland
Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
“Nice Stay at the Quadrant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I had a very nice four night stay at the Quadrant in central Auckland. The room was very warm and comfortable with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom may have been a little small but I did not have a problem with that. The room was very quiet and the hotel is far enough away from Queen St that you don't hear all the hustle and bustle when you're trying to sleep. The staff at the Quadrant were very friendly, polite, and helpful. I enjoyed the complimentary wine voucher upon check in, I thought it was a nice touch. The bar was very good, with a wide array of interesting drinks and cocktails to try. The food from the restaurant and room service was delicious, although I found it slightly expensive for the amount of food received, however this is only a very small fault in an otherwise excellent stay. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Quadrant and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Minna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We are very glad to hear that our little touches enhanced your stay and you had a lovely time. We take immense pleasure in being able to serve our guests every day and enjoy what we do. Your positive feedback is very encouraging. It is a great driver to ensure we as aproperty strive to maintain our standards. Thankyou for your support and and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Wam Regards
Guest Relations manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Hebrew first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed for one night (Sunday to Monday) and it was my third stay at the Quadrant.
The rooms are small but really well appointed and clean, the view from my room (1916) was stunning at night, the bed was comfortable and the free WiFi is handy.
Staff at check-in and check-out were very welcoming and I enjoyed a complimentary house wine, nice for an early night cap.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat and highly recommend it for solo and business travelers - for couples the bed might be a bit small.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Minna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very glad to hear that you had a very positive experience! . Feedback really is a great driver in ensuring we as a property can keep striving to the high standards we have. We Thank you for your support.
Warm regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed last night at Quadrant, after having read some Trip Advisor reports was concerned about our booking made prior to the research.
Special thanks to Harry Singh who went the extra mile to change our rooms configuration when we found that we had an extra person traveling with us.
The 2 rooms ( one a studio, the other a one bedroom) were both clean and tidy and the beds were very comfortable. Yes the bathroom is small, but I would prefer to have a small bathroom and have the extra living space.
All the staff were friendly and we particularly enjoyed the service we received when we requested quite a large mid afternoon meal. The platter was delicious with a good variety of food and was as described in the menu. The bar service and prices were reasonable and the staff looked after our group very well. Shame that the bar closed at 10.00 pm, but the bar next door at the Pullman was still open and had everything available that we needed.
I had read some information about the noisy lifts and was concerned when we found that one of our rooms was right beside the lift. However is pleased to report that there was no interruption to our sleep and we did not notice the noise at all.
All in all, comfortable clean reasonably priced accommodation in central Auckland. I was however disappointed at checkout that we were asked to settle our account without being first provided with detail to substantiate the account. I did request the information, was promptly provided with it, there were no errors, but I believe it would be a step up in service if the information had been provided prior to me having to request it.

Room Tip: We were on the 18 th floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Minna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Sharon,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very glad to hear that you had a very positive experience! We pride ourselves on our friendly and efficient staff, so it is wonderful to hear that they assisted in making your stay even more enjoyable.Thank you so much for your praise of Harry. All our team actively read Trip Advisor and Guest Feedback and it is much appreciated that you have taken the time to write good thingsabout him. Feedback really is a great driver in ensuring we as a property can keep striving to the high standards we have.
Your Compliments for the Bar service have been passed on..
I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you had at the time of checkout. I will personally follow it up and make sure this is not repeated with future guests. Thankyou for letting us know.
We hope to see you back in the near future, thank you for your support.
Kind Regards
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in March and had a one bedroom corner unit on a higher floor. It came well equipped with a kitchen, and washer dryer which is handy when travelling. The bedroom was separate and the bed was very comfortable. Housekeeping was fine and the only complaint I would have is the bathroom is a bit tight. The sink in particular is tiny so whenever you use it everything gets splashed and there is nowhere to put your toothbrush etc. Oh, and the free wifi can be annoying as you have to log in repeatedly, but hey, it's free! And it does work. We were across from apartments but heard no noise or disturbances at night. The hotel is across the street from the Auckland University campus so there are a lot of students around which adds to the atmosphere of the area. The campus is beautiful, check out the old clock tower and Albert park. The downtown is a 10 minute walk away, where you will find Queen Street for shopping, which leads to the pier area and the Viaduct entertainment area. The front desk was very friendly and helpful although at times didn't give accurate information, perhaps they were being trained for their positions but their desire to help was genuine. It's not the Four Seasons but neither was the price. We found the price very reasonable for the value received. I would have no qualms staying there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very glad to hear that you had a very positive experience. Thank you for embracing what we offer here at our property. We pride ourselves on our friendly and efficient staff, so it is wonderful to hear that they assisted in making your stay even more enjoyable. It is wonderful that you liked the location of our hotel and took advantage of iit. Your comments about the space in the bathroom have been addressed to the concerned department, and will be followed up with.
Please stay in touch with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!.
Warm regards
Minna dubey
Guest Relations Mmanager
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have stayed at The Quadrant at least on 4 trips averaging around 9 nights a stay. Each time I have gone back, some things are done better and some not so good. The internet service has definitely improved from Sept 2012 stay. However, the furnishings in the room and the sitting area by the bar/restaurant is rather poor and seems to look worse each trip I have stayed. So for the price and ever so tired and frayed furnishings, the price per night is overpriced and definitely over priced by world class standards. If Auckland wants to be a world class city and expect tourism, the tourism board should find a way to get these hotels such as The Quadrant to not only charge customers/guests but deliver value and quality for the price this facility charges. Not sure if I will patronize it again, remains to be seen. The tenants in the next building had their windows and balcony door open - it happened to be Easter Weekend. They were loud till 3 am and that was awful. I had to keep the sliding door shut. That part is miserable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Shirley A
Minna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I thank you for taking the time to share the experience during your last stay. . Any feedback we receive helps to make us better.
We pride ourselves in offering a high level of service. I am very disappointed that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay.
We are in the process of upgrading and changing furnishings, so it would be wonderful if you have some suggestions for us.
We would very much like the opportunity to discuss the points you have raised further, therefore can I kindly ask you, to contact me on quad.corporate@vrhotels.co.nz at your convenience.
Do contact me directly if you might reconsider staying with us again in the future and let me know your room specifications, so I can ensure you a more comfortable stay,

Warm Regards,
Sydney Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed in both a two bedroom and a one bedroom suite and found both very well laid out. Had great view from 22nd floor complete with kitchen and laundry (laundry very appreciated after 2 week cruise.) Lifts a little slow at times when cleaning staff commandeered one but other times fine. Reception staff and porter very helpful and generally friendly, the rooms having everything we needed plus no maintenance problems. Rooms clean and bright. Location reasonably handy although it would be a bit taxing walking back up the hill to the hotel if not fit. Would happily stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed staying with us. We take immense pleasure in being able to serve our guests every day and enjoy what we do.
We hope to see you back in the near future, thank you for your support.
Warm Regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We had travelled to New Zealand for 5 days as part of a long holiday... On arrival the reception area was really nice and the reception staff were very helpful and delightful. The rooms are a little bit tired and had no dressing tables in them .... Our room was next to the lift and during the night I could keep hearing the lift go past..... On our last night the neighbours were extremely noisy and I had to go to reception twice during the night but yet the noise continued and I found that when i mentioned it again the next day to staff they didn't seem interested that we didn't have any sleep. The bar was excellent and the staff were lovely, they couldn't be more helpful and the prices are very reasonable it was cheaper to eat in the hotel rather than go out in the Auckland......However the only down fall is that the bar closes early and the odd night when we came in we wanted a night cap but the bar was closed.... But over all the hotel was very nice and staff were nice.

Room Tip: Don't get a room next to the lift !
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Minna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very glad to hear that you had a good experience staying with us! Thankyou for your kind comments about our Bar Staff. I shall pass the compliments to them. We pride ourselves on our friendly and efficient staff, so it is wonderful to hear that they assisted in making your stay even more enjoyable.
I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you had at night because of the noise next door. I will personally follow this up and make sure it is not repeated for future guests.

Warm regards,