“Great start, very average after that”

The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed at the Quadrant for 1 night recently. I got a good deal, so decided on it even though I knew it was a long hill walk up from the main part of town, but still only 5 minutes. Check in was incredibly friendly, reception area was funky including a cute little restaurant and bar. Problem is once you get into the room, it turns from funky boutique to boring, small and average. The pluses were a balcony to get lots of fresh air, plus a kitchenette. The downsides were the bathroom was probably the tiniest I have ever seen, lucky I was by myself ! The room itself apart from small did have everything but for some reason did not match the boutique feel of reception, and was looking very tired and not well maintained. At the end of the day, for me it was just a bed for the night, but would not want to stay more than a night, and would definately not bring a partner.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
UdaiSarin, General Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies that your experience was less that top notch. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. I would love to have you come back and give us another chance to prove that this is not usual for our hotel. Do not hesitate to contact me directly at udai@vrgroup.co.nz if you might reconsider staying with us again in the future so I can ensure you a more comfortable stay.

Warm Regards,

Udai Sarin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Having been disappointed at a cancellation of a concert last minute, we were looking forward to our overnight stay after spending the day in the city.
I thought I had booked an Executive Apartment in a four star rated hotel. Did I and my family get that? No!
Our welcome by staff was excellent at reception.
On entering the room, we were welcomed by such a badly laid carpet; almost to the point of riding the wave! The fridge had been turned off leading to a pool of water on the floor, hence the fridge had not been stocked at all as well as the usual room condiments. The kettle was faulty, only two dining chairs for a room of 4 people, a very small two sweater sofa, no bedside tables or lamps and only two bath towels.
The Management stepped in very swiftly after a complaint was made to a member of staff. We were offered another room that was just marginally better by having bedside tables and lamps and four chairs. The rooms were nothing like displayed on the hotels website. Very mediocre.
The hotel was very tired looking and the carpets only held their own due to the dim lighting.
Having a room with a balcony to stand out on and look at the view does not make up for poor quality and standards in other areas, even if it was only for an overnight booking.
We will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for the best room of the hotel with a guarantee of money refundable if not up to expectations or...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank wightlady55

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments about the standard of maintenance. This is of a major concern to me. You can see by our other reviews that we take great pride in our property standards – we invest a lot of time and money to ensure our building remains spick and span. I have addressed your concerns with our Maintenance Manager and will follow up personally to understand what we can do better as a property. It is disappointing to hear that our standards were not up to par. It would be helpful in rectifying the problem for future guests if you could provide me with your room number. My email is – udai@vrgroup.co.nz

Take care and safe travels,

Reviewed November 15, 2012

my husband and i enjoyed our stay at The Quadrant despite da small room review. For us,it was good value for da price pay and a huge bonus on FREE wifi. Both of us love doing a fair share of walking to/frm the city, therefore, location was not a problem. The walk up was definately calorie burner! :) Support staff at Quadrant were excellent. On the way to Auckland,we experienced flight delay and emailed reservation (Maria) on our late arrival. Upon check in, they made sure tat our rooms were ready and didnt hv to wait. Upon check out, Quadrant again impress us by assisting to provide a shutter bus service. I would definately come back again and recommend tis hotel to anyone. Unfortunately,i hvnt had da chance to stay in other rooms.but, tis has been really great! Thnk u Quadrant fr making our 1st visit a memorable one!

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

We would love to personally host you for a longer stay in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 14, 2012

It is located at a quieter elevated part of Auckland city, directly opposite a beautiful garden and very near a university. What impressed me the most is that from the balcony, it has a great view of the city. Everything else in within a short walking distance. And I'm giving two thumbs up for complementary WiFi. Since I only stayed there for 2 nights, I was not able to use any of the other facilities in the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed for the Cochrane Colloquium 2012 in September/October 2012. Room had a great view looking towards the High Court and Auckland War Memorial Museum. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Enjoyed the fact that each floor had security pass access. Wifi connected easily and was quick.

Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This place is like a home away from home, I know my way around very well, having stayed frequently over the last three years for single and multi night's and even a 2 month stay. This hotel has great staff that make your stay welcoming, staff remember names rather than room numbers, this place offers exactly what you need, it's an excellent alternative to one of the big impersonable five star places down town. This is located in a picturesque quieter elevated part of Auckland city, directly opposite beautiful gardens and the University grounds, modern buildings blend in well with some notable older buildings. Within 5 minutes you can walk safely to one of the two big CBD supermarkets, and in less time to some good nearby restaurants. Parking is by valet service with car dropped off at a circular driveway at the front door, foyer is compact and modern with seating and waterpools with candles. Ambience is minimal but stylish. Excellent security with key card needed for lifts. Accommodations provide all mod cons: washing machine/dryer, dishwasher, microwave, cooktop, full size fridge, iron and ironing board, cuttlery and crockery. Wi Fi is complementary throughout the hotel, cable tv offering International News, Sports, National Geographic and all national stations. Hotel has dining facilty on street level for breakfast, lunch and dinner, cocktail bar with exterior courtyard, and handy gymnasium with sauna and spa.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side are bright and sunny with great harbour views when positioned high up. Hotel re...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul B

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so glad to see that you embraced what we offer here at our property. Great rooms, Great price, Great location – there are no properties in Auckland that can match what we offer with complimentary Wi-Fi.

Take care and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed numerous times at the Quadrant on long and short stays.
Ideal for both and has all amenities such as free wifi and self contained features such as washing machine,stove and microwave if required.
Rooms are very comfortable, spacious and quiet.
I have found all the staff extremely friendly and willing to help to make your stay comfortable and memorable.
Another feature is the convenient location which is walking distance to all that Auckland has to offer.
I have no hesitation in recommending the Quadrant Hotel to all.

Room Tip: As with most hotels try and get a reasonably high floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed staying at The Quadrant Hotel Auckland. We are a Premier 4 Star Hotel in Auckland with a long history of providing quality service and accommodation. Our amenities, towels and employees are top notch and I am delighted to read that your stay was above expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,