“Great Staff”

The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland
Ranked #27 of 65 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed March 25, 2008

Wonderful Stay!

Staff were friendly, helpful and courteous. Nothing was an issue when it came to requests that we had.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed March 14, 2008

Hmmmm yes I too was excited by the website for this place. It sounded FOXY. Hmmm yes - another example of don't always believe the internet.

From the lonnnnng sloooooooooooooooooow check in queue, to an even longer wait for an elevator, I was quickly losing my rose tinted glasses. While waiting for the elevator, I had a good opportunity to admire the trendy slightly IKEAish interior decor.

Our room was pokey. Tiny. Disappointing for the price. We did have a sliding door onto a 'balcony' - 'bal' would be a better descriptor.

The bed was the best part of the room. Not huge (a queen) but comfortable.

The worst thing about the room was the lack of aircon. The hallway was aircon'd but our room wasn't. Because it was so tiny and there were 2 of us, an iron and a jug going at various times, the room got far too warm and there was no way to cool it down - couldn't leave the door open because the noise from outside was too much.

The best thing about the hotel is the close proximity of cheap parking across the road and its hop -skip-and jump-ness to the city.

People, seriously, if you're older than frat parties you can probably do better :)

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SaffySmurf
Reviewed March 8, 2008

My partner and I loved the place. The front counter staff (various nationalities) were extremely helpful. The room was ok, comfortable and had what we needed. Nice spa and sauna. Location is excellent but remember Auckland is very hilly and while the city is relatively close it can by a rigorous walk back up steep hills.
Overall we would certainly stay here again.
Breakfast is probably better elsewhere but on the whole a very pleasant place to stay and congrats to the reception staff.

Reviewed March 7, 2008

We arrived here in the morning at about 9:30 am from HK with a terrible jet lag. As check in time was 3:00pm, on request we were told that the we would get a room by 12:45 - 1:00pm as a room was being prepared for us. In the meanwhile, we waited at the beautifully made cafe at the hotel, past the contemporary entrance.

We killed time and finally passed out at the cafe and to our surprise, were given a room only at about 2:45 pm!

The rooms not only didn't have any air conditioning, but did not even have a proper fan! They were crampy, bathroom was very small and on doing the laundry there was no dryer or clothesline. The house keeping attended to us after very long, on being requested for a line and handed us hangers to put up our clothes in the balcony, which didn't fit!

Check out time is 10:00 am after which they charge $25 per hour.

Loved the reception, cafe and staff was quite helpful and polite, but the rooms were terrible. However, the location was superb!

1  Thank champbox
Reviewed March 5, 2008

I was very excited to stay at the quadrant--their website is amazing and it looks like they have a ton of amenities and great service.

My husband had already been staying there for a good five days before I arrived and met me at the hotel. Upon entering the hotel, I was generally impressed at how modern everything was and that you had to swipe your key in the elevator to get to the correct floor. I thought that was good at preventing unwanted people in the hotel. It was a bit annoying though, that at 6 in the morning, the lobby and elevators blasted music that should have been playing at a discoteque.

The one bedroom hotel accomodation was nice and small. It looked like it had been furnished with IKEA furniture and kitchen items that were for a very small space. I became annoyed that when you put a sign on the door that said "OOPS" I need my room cleaned, that no one even attempted to clean them. After a couple of days (all I needed were fresh towels) I went to the front desk and asked what it took for someone to get me clean towels and she looked at me and said --I can give them to you now, and you can bring them up to your room. I didn't know if this was just a cultural thing, but in the US, someone would bring them to your room. The bathroom did not have a fan and as a result, the shower smelled moldy and you could see mold forming between the white tiles. I could have told them to clean the room, but the room safe wasn't working and I was getting a wee bit paranoid of the young staff at that point.
When we left the hotel, they charged us for an extra night because we did not inform them that we were going to check out that early. Again, this is our fault, but I am writing that in this review to warn you to give them a 24 hr. advance. I found that the staff in general looked great but didn't really go much further than that. I would not go back again and would recommend you stay somewhere else.

1  Thank sportyspiceBevHills
Reviewed March 2, 2008

After my previous review where I explained about some of the problems we encountered while staying at The Quadrant, I finally tracked down somebody in management who offered us a good explanation, an apology, and some compensation.

I felt that they had taken on board my issues and as a result I will definitely go back and stay there again as well as recommend this Hotel to my friends.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed March 1, 2008

Arrived late,about midnight, beds not made from previous guest,the porter returned 20 minutes later to make beds and didnt have a real clue how to do it so we helped him make the beds no air conditioning in a new style hotel,cigerette butts on verandah of our room ,noise from adajacent hotel rubbish bin, received an early morning wake up call by mistake after arriving after midnight,travelled all over the world this is the first hotel payment was required to daily service the room ,we paid but only got a service on final day,the carpet covering the level where we alighted from lift was not clean ,however I would send my worst enemy to this hotel.

1  Thank kangaroo02