VR Auckland City
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
$151
Hotels.com
$98
$78
  • Bar/Lounge
$132
Orbitz.com
  • Fitness center
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)
$126
$109
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$123
$212
$192
$137
  • Free Internet
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
$143
$140
  • Room Service
$170
$129
  • Restaurant
Scenic Hotel Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$128
$120
HotelQuickly
1,206 results
All reviewswashing machinesky towerhobson streettwo bedroom apartmentcomplimentary breakfastself containedqueen streetauckland citycooking facilitiesfull kitchenoakswasherkitchenetteovenharbourstovelaundry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Check in staff were very efficient and upgraded us to a larger apartment for free.

Rooms are clean and modern. This hotel is located right in the heart of the city so you are close to the action.

Even though our room was at street level and right next to the road, we didn't find it too noisy.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper it might be best to request a room away from the street and car park. We didn't find it too bad though.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
UdaiSarin, Manager at VR Auckland City, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very glad to hear that you had a very positive experience! We are so glad to see that you embraced what we offer here at our property. Great rooms, Great staff, Great location. Take care and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Paid $130 for 2 adults and 2 children in 2BR. Small rooms, but not too bad. Towels the first day had a not-well-laundered smell (like old sweat) the first day. Second day was ok. Seemed like they used air freshener in hallways to overcome odd smell. Rooms were in good shape and everything seemed rather new. Dryer in neighbouring room woke me up at 5am and lasted past 8am. Drying anything takes hours, as we found out. Breakfast was mostly sweets: sweet cake, fruit juice, sweetened yogurt. Would be nice to have a bit of variety and protein. Gym membership was just so-so, as they were renegotiating the Les Mills contract while we were there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
UdaiSarin, Manager at VR Auckland City, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear JpnMan
Thank you for your positive feedback on our hotel. However, there are a number of issues raised in your feedback that will help us improve as a property. I have passed on your recommendations and feedback to the relevant department heads to address.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We are staying in the 2 bedroom apartment at present. We requested a higher level room as per previous trip advisor requests and got it. The carpet is very stained in our room. Breakfast is ok, nothing to rave over but free nonetheless ! A good location into the Main Street and harbour once you find the short cut and don't have to walk past a not so nice block. The internet is pathetic and you have to get a new code very 24 hours.
The one night we complained about a room cleaning issue, the night manager came and visited us.
Staff that we dealt with were pleasant.
Overall not a bad property!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joanne E
UdaiSarin, Manager at VR Auckland City, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Joanne E
Thank you so much for your feedback. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. There are a number of issues raised in your feedback that will help us improve as a property. I have passed on your recommendations and feedback to the relevant department heads to address.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner last December/January for almost 3 weeks.

Overall it was a great experience, however there were some issues:

1. In the first week our room was getting serviced daily, after that it would get done once a week. I enquired and was told they made a mistake and our rate did not include cleaning. Would've been good to know so I could've tidied a little.

2. The bathrooms are so small your towels get so wet from the shower they need to be changed daily (not to mention they are very thin) not usually an issue, however no one likes a wet towel and because we only had our room services weekly which in my opinion is too long for change of linen we had to hunt down cleaners before leaving.

3. The parking! Whilst I definitely appreciate the parking given the central location the amount of cars they try to cram down there is ridiculous. When we arrived I advised the front desk that I could not leave my keys with them if I had to park in front of someone else as the car we had was an older car with some engine issues. They were fine with that and advised they would just call if they needed it moved. Now I very rarely parked in front of anyone for this reason but the day I had to all hell broke loose. I received a call, I was asleep at the time but threw some clothes on and was downstairs in 2 minutes only to be greeted by a horrible tourist who decided it was appropriate to tell at me for making him wait 2 minutes. I went back to reception and advised this was not acceptable. Nothing was done.

As I said overall it was great, a little small but for the cost including all the Amenities and location I can't really fault it.

Perhaps a helpful tip to management. Limit the amount of cars. It should be a first in first serve not a game of Tetris. It was honestly an accident waiting to happen.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank loveisfluid
UdaiSarin, Manager at VR Auckland City, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear valued guest
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hopefully hearing from you in the near future.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I booked this trip directly with the hotel at the last minute, and the staff were friendly and helpful throughout that process. The 2 bed apartment was small, but was very clean and tidy and more than met our needs. I did not book a car park and there were none available when we arrived, but on road parking was available over the weekend and was half price to what the reserved booking would have been. Very close to town - we could walk everywhere. It was nice to get receive the continental type breakfast as part of the booking price. Whilst not 5 star room, it was excellent value for money and I will book there again for short term trips.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Deirdre C
UdaiSarin, Manager at VR Auckland City, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Deirdre C
It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!