“Best Yum Cha”
Review of Fortune Fountain

Fortune Fountain
Ranked #801 of 2,456 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Reviewed February 7, 2018

Went back two days in a row and did not eat the same dish twice in order to test the range. I am blown away at the freshness, great taste and variety. Definitely better than what we get in San Fransisco and we have some pretty good dim sum places, as we say there.

Turnip cakes is something I love and are a good benchmark. Many places they are greasy or over-browned. Here they are fresh and delicious. Rice noodle shrimp really shows the top quality rice noodle. Several varieties of congee is a clue you have a real kitchen here. I took two kinds of congee home for another brekkie.

Did not have a bad dish. The Chrysanthemum tea was also delicious.

But a real dessert treat for Durian lovers: a cold mochi wrapped ball of durian cream that is excellent, (although my wife wont let it in the house due to Durian smell.)

Takapuna has a great variety of Asian eating places but for me this takes the cake.

Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

Highly anticipated having been here often in the past. Despite asking before being seated, the Yum Char menu wasn't trolleyed around as previously, due to it being quiet, but to be ordered a la Carte.
The food was way off the pace and frankly disappointing. It seems the place is in decline so best to be avoided.

Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

This was my third busy by my self...something had changed.
Still attentive service and tea came quickly... but so did the cold food and very poor attention to help.
Asked and showed waitress two separate baskets of food ...tried to explain quality not there, had chunks and both cold...
Decided to leave and again explained but reaction was to charge me full price.
Not my happy place.

Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

Alone or as a group do visit here...
Second time is even better for me.
Had two types of prawn dumplings,
sticky rice so yum. All followed up with tea.
As it's a busy location in Takapuna get here a bit earlier for lunch.
Staff friendly and so quick.
My happy place lunch time in Takapuna.

Reviewed June 25, 2017

C ( 2013 )
My family visited this restaurant for lunch with Chinese food. The restaurant's atmosphere was not bad, and the service was good. We ordered some food, that's plentiful. So we take out the rest of food and enjoyed more at house. Not bad.