We stayed at the Bankside for almost two weeks in November. It was a great location, just a couple of blocks to Queen Street, the Britomart and the waterfront. The University was just up the hill and there were two grocery stores within easy walking distance. Not being on Queen Street meant we were out of the busy vehicle and pedestrian traffic. Our room faced away from downtown so that also helped. We were just high enough that we could enjoy the morning sun, see the outer harbour and watch ships being unloaded at the container port.
Our room was fine for two people. Our only complaints would be minor; a loose floor tile in the "kitchen" area and a wobbly chair which the manager swapped for a better one. Also, the building next door left the office lights on all night. There is only a small window over the bed which has a blind which isn't tight to the frame so light came in all night long. It wasn't really bright, more like a night light, but annoying in the sense that they wasted so much energy every night. The room also has a very long blank wall. A picture or two would make it nicer. The bathroom was fine but a shelf over the toilet for personal stuff would help.
Overall, it turned out to be an excellent location, comfortable, quiet and had a decent view. The managers and staff were helpful and pleasant. We'd definitely recommend them for a short term stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Bankside are affordable serviced apartments located in central Auckland City. A short walk to High Street and Chancery shopping quarters, as well as Queen Street and recently upgraded Fort Street areas. With apartments on 18 levels, spectacular city and harbour views can be enjoyed from Deluxe rooms situated on top floors. All of Auckland CDB's main attractions are easily accessible from Waldorf Bankside's central city location. Fully self-contained, Waldorf Banksides in room kitchenettes allow residents to cook for themselves as cutlery and cooking equipment provided in room. Residents can purchase groceries from a major Supermarket 10 minutes walk away or enjoy some of the great fine or casual dining options available throughout Auckland City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Waldorf Bankside Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bankside Waldorf Serviced Apartments Hotel Auckland Central
- Bankside Waldorf Serviced Apartments Auckland
- Waldorf Bankside Serviced Apartments Auckland, New Zealand