“Excellent.”

Ranked #43 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent.”
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Well equipped nice aparthotel with great views of the bridge.

Only downside was after my 27 hour flight, they could find a room for me at 10am, but they let me leave my bag whilst I went out and had (a lot of) coffee.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hawkes Bay
Reviewed April 4, 2010

Positive - Friendly, helpful staff. Spacious. Self contained.
Negative - Traffic noise. Bathroom badly needed upgrading. Did not enjoying showering in front of a window with a mouldy venetian blind for privacy. Strange burn/blister marks on ceramic oven top, bench and bottom of bath. Rooms were meant to have been serviced daily. We had towells, soap etc replaced daily but it did not appear to have been cleaned during the week we were there.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
nz
Reviewed March 24, 2010

we had difficulty with the check-in process as no outside parking, had to park on the footpath. Undergound parking avail.at a charge but xtremely tight and narrow.
We had 2 rooms 1 on the 5th floor the other on the 6th floor both with views of harbour.The decor is extremely average and getting tatty, also our room had no clips to hold the balcony door open with, had broken off at some stage and never replaced, shower over a very deep bath, some people might find this a bit difficult, had a venetian blind on shower window which had seen better days.
Location is good for being able to walk to downtown and Sky Tower. The receptionist was quiet helpful tho' and very friendly. We booked on an early Internet prepaid deal so got a reasonable deal, from that perspective the cost wasn't too bad but wouldn't pay top price.
Would only recommend this if your NOT looking for a 4star, because we don't believe the rating reflects that in the rooms, only in the location.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Melbourne
Reviewed February 26, 2010

Our family of 5 stayed one night in a Harbour view 2 bedroom apartment. Great location, walking distance to central Auckland, Fantastic views, Quality apartment. Bathroom products nice. Huge lounge, dining, kitchen. Washer and dryer.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank sandi28
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 7, 2009

I stayed for three nights and loved it. As soon as I walked in I was blown away by the size of the apartment. It was tastefully decorated, the bedroom (it could be separated from the rest of the apartment by louvre doors) was lovely and the bed very comfortable and the loungeroom had a fantastic sofa. The kitchen was huge and had everything you need to cook. There was a large fridge. The bathroom was good and had a washing machine and dryer INSIDE the apartment!! I found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful. In terms of the area, I found it very convenient. You have to walk about three blocks to get to the ‘central’ part of Auckland, but I thought it was worth it for the cost and facilities offered. It is situated near a lot of other apartment buildings and there is not a lot else going on in that area but that didn’t bother me. Being away from downtown it’s a quieter and there's a lot of Asian supermarkets and food places (fabulous!). It’s nearish to the Circuit and Link buses if you don’t mind walking a bit to get to them (and giving your calves/hamstrings a workout due to the hilliness of Auckland!) which I didn’t mind. For example it’s an easy walk to SkyTower from there, straight up Hobson St. Here’s a funny thing, there seems to be no DVD player in the room and I asked about it as they offer DVD hire but they directed me to a place nearby to hire a player. Then I worked out I could use the digital receiver to play a DVD. Not sure if I was supposed to do that!! And finally, they don’t service on Sundays and public holidays which was interesting as I was there from Saturday night to Tuesday morning!! I actually prefer the privacy but it’s a bit naughty of them to do that as they advertise as being a serviced apartment. They do though provide anything that you need. You go down stairs during the day and if you need extra towels etc or want to get rid of rubbish they’ll sort that out for you but obviously cut down on the staff at those times for cost reasons.
I loved this accommodation, like a home away from home and I would rush back there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 9, 2009

everything you need is in the apartment, from cooking facilities, washing machine, dryer, disc washer, heater, etc, very clean room, bathroom is clean too, in New Zealand, the weather is not so hot through out the year, so I didn't found an air conditioner in the room :) room rate is good too, value for money

Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Brunei
Reviewed July 11, 2009

We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel/service apartment. It was not too bad, the room although a bit small, but cozy and complete. It has everything we need in a hotel. The washer and dryer is the added bonus, not to mention the balcony. We had the best view of the harbour and sky tower. And we had one memorable view here when we saw the Auckland bridge dissapeared from view by the mist/fog one morning. Amazing. The staff are helpful and friendly, although there are so few of them around.

The hotel was a bit far from Queens Street but if you like peace and quiet this is the place for you. But its still a walking distance to Sky Tower, but you have to be fit to walk around since Auckland is so hilly! We are Asian so we are a bit concerned about getting our food supply but to our surprise we found one Asian supermarket just round the corner, which is great.

Our only setback is the internet which cost so much, cant remember exactly how much, maybe its around NZD5 for half hour. But overall, we are happy and dont hesitate to come back here.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family