Apollo Hotel Auckland
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
$157
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$111
$241
$210
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Cordis, Auckland by Langham Hospitality Group(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$114
  • Breakfast included
$193
$184
  • Restaurant
Scenic Hotel Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$103
$77
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$114
  • Room Service
CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$205
$131
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsharbour bridgesky towerserviced apartmentlaundry facilitiesfull kitchencar parkcity centrewould stay againwasher
Reviewed November 7, 2009

I stayed for three nights and loved it. As soon as I walked in I was blown away by the size of the apartment. It was tastefully decorated, the bedroom (it could be separated from the rest of the apartment by louvre doors) was lovely and the bed very comfortable and the loungeroom had a fantastic sofa. The kitchen was huge and had everything you need to cook. There was a large fridge. The bathroom was good and had a washing machine and dryer INSIDE the apartment!! I found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful. In terms of the area, I found it very convenient. You have to walk about three blocks to get to the ‘central’ part of Auckland, but I thought it was worth it for the cost and facilities offered. It is situated near a lot of other apartment buildings and there is not a lot else going on in that area but that didn’t bother me. Being away from downtown it’s a quieter and there's a lot of Asian supermarkets and food places (fabulous!). It’s nearish to the Circuit and Link buses if you don’t mind walking a bit to get to them (and giving your calves/hamstrings a workout due to the hilliness of Auckland!) which I didn’t mind. For example it’s an easy walk to SkyTower from there, straight up Hobson St. Here’s a funny thing, there seems to be no DVD player in the room and I asked about it as they offer DVD hire but they directed me to a place nearby to hire a player. Then I worked out I could use the digital receiver to play a DVD. Not sure if I was supposed to do that!! And finally, they don’t service on Sundays and public holidays which was interesting as I was there from Saturday night to Tuesday morning!! I actually prefer the privacy but it’s a bit naughty of them to do that as they advertise as being a serviced apartment. They do though provide anything that you need. You go down stairs during the day and if you need extra towels etc or want to get rid of rubbish they’ll sort that out for you but obviously cut down on the staff at those times for cost reasons.
I loved this accommodation, like a home away from home and I would rush back there again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 9, 2009

everything you need is in the apartment, from cooking facilities, washing machine, dryer, disc washer, heater, etc, very clean room, bathroom is clean too, in New Zealand, the weather is not so hot through out the year, so I didn't found an air conditioner in the room :) room rate is good too, value for money

Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2009

We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel/service apartment. It was not too bad, the room although a bit small, but cozy and complete. It has everything we need in a hotel. The washer and dryer is the added bonus, not to mention the balcony. We had the best view of the harbour and sky tower. And we had one memorable view here when we saw the Auckland bridge dissapeared from view by the mist/fog one morning. Amazing. The staff are helpful and friendly, although there are so few of them around.

The hotel was a bit far from Queens Street but if you like peace and quiet this is the place for you. But its still a walking distance to Sky Tower, but you have to be fit to walk around since Auckland is so hilly! We are Asian so we are a bit concerned about getting our food supply but to our surprise we found one Asian supermarket just round the corner, which is great.

Our only setback is the internet which cost so much, cant remember exactly how much, maybe its around NZD5 for half hour. But overall, we are happy and dont hesitate to come back here.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2009

Apartment 9C, fabulous size, awesome views, fairly new carpet, nice manager. Unfortunately the apartment smelt strongly of asian cooking, the fridge of garlic, old paintwork, stained yellow light switches, the bathroom badly in need of update, basically the apartment needs refurbishing (black mould in bathroom and on the back of curtains), insufficient heating. Looked clean, smelt dirty.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank taupotraveller
Reviewed April 18, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights in March 2009 during our visit to New Zealand. The apartment was large and spacious and the washing machine was a huge bonus! It was very clean and well equipped. As with most places in New Zealand there is no air conditioning, however there are large windows/doors and fans are provided in each room.

The immediate area isn't great with views of dirty apartment blocks, however it is in an excellent location to get to the main sights. It's only a 5 minute walk from the Skytower and 10 minute walk from the bars and restaurants at the harbour. The closeness of the motorway is also an added bonus.

Parking is in a secure underground car park however, there is an extra charge for this.

My only criticism of this apartment is that on arrival we were given an apartment with two double beds despite specifically asking for 1 double bed and 2 single beds. When I queried this I was told they weren't informed about our request so there was nothing they could do. I looked at their printout of our booking and pointed out the request clearly written in the notes section. As soon as they realised it was their mistake and not ours, they were far more helpful and housekeeping were asked to change the room. If you require a specific bedding configuration I would recommend ensuring you add this onto your booking request and book direct through the Quest website.

Other than this initial mix up reception were very helpful and gave us lots of advice about where to go and what to do.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends