“Yummy handmade bagels.”

al's deli
Ranked #214 of 2,259 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We make beautifully hand crafted deli food. If you are craving freshly baked bagels, Smoked cured brisket on sourdough rye, home cured maple and cherry smoked bacon, home made lox, home made cheese curds and poutine, we are the best place in Auckland for it. We are also the only establishment in New Zealand to serve Canadian beers.
Holt, Michigan
“Yummy handmade bagels.”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

It was worth the walk (uphill) to eat the bagels at Al's. We were sick of eggs, so we were so pleased to find chewy, tasty bagels. (They also had very tempting donuts available, but we resisted!) I wish we had been in Auckland longer so that we could have gone back for more breakfasts and for lunch.

“Wow! Just wow.”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

After hearing the hype decided to pop in to visit Al's deli one Saturday afternoon. Ordered the homemade brisket sandwich and wow! Was not disappointed! The brisket has been made in store and just melts in the mouth. Combined with the freshly baked bread and perfect amount of mustard, it made for the perfect combination. Will def come back although next time I'm going try when busier. 3pm on a Saturday afternoon is a quiet time to visit. Be keen to see if the fast service is the same when busier (and gives me an excuse to come back :))

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great food, great cocktails, great location”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

While on a recent stay at the Langham hotel I descovered Al's Deli.
We went in for dinner and kicked it off with cocktails, why not?
We progressed on to amazing bagels and a large serving of poutine. With floor to celing windows it's a fantastic spot to watch the world go by. i'll be back for sure!

Auckland, New Zealand
“Such a surprise and so creative”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My children, on leaving Al's Deli, declared that Al's Deli should take over all the McDonalds in the world so they can have it more often and nearby. BIG Praise for 8 and 6 year olds. They LOVED it. The poutine with brisket is to die for, and I dream of it often. Inventive, creative and delicious menu, Al's will be one we will frequent often and make a definite destination to visit. YUMMO!

• Visited January 2014
“All over amazing!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have tried a few different items from this deli and every visit has impressed me so much! The bagels are fresh and tasty and the mixed grill I had on my first visit was just mouth watering. The cronuts can't be ignored either, I get at least one every time I visit!! :)

• Visited January 2014