“All over amazing!”

al's deli
Ranked #328 of 2,360 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast
Description: We make beautifully hand crafted deli food. If you are craving freshly baked bagels, Smoked cured brisket on sourdough rye, home cured maple and cherry smoked bacon, home made lox, home made cheese curds and poutine, we are the best place in Auckland for it. We are also the only establishment in New Zealand to serve Canadian beers.
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have tried a few different items from this deli and every visit has impressed me so much! The bagels are fresh and tasty and the mixed grill I had on my first visit was just mouth watering. The cronuts can't be ignored either, I get at least one every time I visit!! :)

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We discovered Al's Deli when a nice waitress offered us a free bagel in the street. We are big fans of bagel, Montreal style. The bagel was better than the one we eat in Montreal ! So it was a good surprise and we wanted to taste more food.
We decide to come try the poutine, moose ear and smoked meat.

The poutine was very good, with a cheese very fresh. It was not exactly like the canadian cheese curd but the difference is interesting. This one is more creamy.
The smoked meat is delicious, one of the best we had the chance to eat.

Too bad we discovered this little gem when we had to leave New-Zealand...
Some waitress are very nice (some not. No smile. No help to choose. Minimum service.)

We also liked the atmosphere. Nice decoration, cantine style ! Very canadian, we felt like home.

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Having been born and raised in Montreal, I always miss those tastes when traveling. Well, I just found a bit of Montreal in Auckland, NZ. From its "Main", a smoked-meat inspired pastrami sandwich to its Poutine (tastes spot-on by the way), stop by and try them out. The bagels are hand made, and delicious!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Took my youngest daughter there for brunch over the weekend. Had the breakfast. The bagels were great, but the (not so) hidden gem is the bacon and brisket. Mmm the meat is to die for! The poitine topped with brisket is a definite must! Look forward to trying out their other menu items soon!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Awesome food - quite unique in Auckland. Bagels taste like real bagels should, and poutine with smoked brisket is delicious! Will definitely be back.