“Desserts Galore!”

Ranked #3 of 70 Dessert in Auckland Central
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2014

if you wanna splurge on dessert or sweet treats this is the place!

endless rows of delicious colourfulness to tease the eye, i don't know how the staff can contain themselves!

love how they have an "ice cream" menu, very cool concept

won't break the bank either!

2  Thank a_little_asian

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We had the chance to get a table at milse at last, we got seated in front of the chefs in a busy kitchen producing lots of sweet delights, the chefs were very friendly and informative of any questions we had and there skills at plating up were great to watch ,

The desserts are very different to others in the city, interesting flavours and very seasonal, our waiter said that the produce was mostly grown at the restaurants farm and picked daily by the chefs which is a great story, We also ordered some of the cabinet items after our desserts which put to bed our sweet craving, great flavours and textures, the Caramelia gateaux was probably the stand out of a lot of star sweets.
The service also matched the food in being world class, great service from Patrick whom was a joy to deal with. All in all the place in Auckland to go for desserts and they mentioned there may even be another one opening soon so lots more to try.

1  Thank Auckcitydweller
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I have visited Milse a few times now, nothing can keep me away and I will keep going back. The only quite annoying thing about Milse is for one everything is so spectacular it makes it impossiable to choose one thing and that you cannot book, the place is tiny inside, so you go onto a waiting list, though with it being so small inside it does make it quite nice and intimate. The first time we went we were seated at the bar part, we had a great view of everything happening in the kitchen, it was so interesting watching the chefs craft these beautiful desserts. We ordered off the menu and had a glass of bubbles which was a lovely accompaniment. Other times I have visited my girlfriends and I ordered out of the cabinet, got it in take way boxes and just sat on seats in britomart swapping our desserts back and fourth. If bubbles isn't your thing they yummy hot chocolates, they are all nice but the vanilla is my favourite. If you appreciate the art of a beautiful hand crafted dessert or just love anything sweet, you need to go to Milse.....right now! just go right now and bring me back something =)

1  Thank Bryony N
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I dont have any pleasure in writing this review, I was really hoping that it would be an experience to remember, but I am sorry to say it was a letdown. Went with some work colleagues as it was highly recommended by one, sure the presentation was exceptional, but my treat was rather tasteless. It maybe just me or the treat I picked, so I hope your experience will be better than mine.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Milse has been put together so well. A team of talented chef's creating delicious desserts backed up by attentive and patient wait staff. Their a-la-carte menu is special. It starts from 6pm and is worth getting a table for. Some times there can be a bit of a wait for a table but it is no big deal and there system is efficient. Once you have a table they look after you well. They can explain any part of the menu and never make you feel rushed even though the wait list grows longer the later it gets into the night. We have eaten here during the day by choosing from the cabinets and from the menu at night. We have brought friends here, our children and just 2 of us. It is suitable for everyone and anyone. The dining room is small but cosy. We have also taken away from here on many occasions. Special mention to their salted caramel hot chocolate....the taste is beyond good.

1  Thank whanau_travels