“Disappointed :(”

Ranked #46 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
auckland
“Disappointed :(”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

The hotel was difficult to find as it was up a narrow steep driveway behind other buildings. There was not enough space for parking. I sat around and waited for somebody to leave so I could get a carpark even though I had stated on my booking that I would like a carpark booked, but nothing was arranged.
The hallway smelt really bad of strong ethnic cooking. I had requested 2 x single beds in my booking and when I got to my room there was only a king bed. Room was also advertised with a private balcony, which is the main reason I chose this place. Balcony did not exist! Was also advertised as having a stereo system, but no such thing in my room. There were blown lightbulbs in the kitchen, dirty shower, bad tv reception. When I complained about the room I was given a bottle of wine and a $50 credit voucher for my next stay, although the stay must be for 2 nights minimum - I Don't think I will be staying there again though! This was really not good enough. Very disapointed and felt ripped off :(

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank KiwiKirsten

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Comfortable beds well equipped apartments . Easy walk down to the Vector Arena and water front which was the purpose of the trip. We had to walk as if we moved we would have lost our parking spot only 8 parks for whole of building !A definate down side.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank Milopuppy
Quest_Cintra, General Manager at Crown on Cintra Lane, responded to this review, March 11, 2012
Thank you for your honest feedback. we are currently working on our parking space issue, however given the building's layout limitations, it has always been a permanent problem that we are thrieving to solve.
Hamilton, NZ
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Westayed here for location and for the modest tariff. Access to the building is difficult as it is tucked in behind other buildings. Having been told that carparking was limited we agreed to pay for a reserved park. On arrival we found that no park was allocated to us. The unit was appropriate for the tariff. On return from our function our night was a bit disturbed by young people (who appeared to be permanent residents) partying on the floor below us. We would probably not stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank colval_8
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed September 11, 2011

The hotel was a little difficult to find,as it's behind another building,they have free carparks on a first in policy. I was meant to stay on the 7th floor,but asked if I could go on to the top level,they upgraded me up to the 17th floor. The view was great from the top floor,although unlike other hotels,these apartments have stairs that go down to the actual room. The hotel is a nice place to stay if you can put up with the heavy motorway noise,and because of that I would not stay there again. Also the room wasn't properly cleaned,as there was hair and food crumbs all over the place.

Room Tip: If you want to upgrade,ask them,as if it's available,you may get it for free.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Richard K

Travelers are raving about these Auckland hotels

Nz
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Booked a few days before arrival. Rate was very good so can't complain there. Apartment size was as expected, bedroom was smallish but I would say inline with the rate charged. Some motorway noise from near by but I am a heavy sleep so not something that I worry with. Location was central enough, little bit of a hike uphill from say Queen St but only around a 5min walk so no real issue. Negatives: Shower door wasn't working as it should (the type where you slide one segment closed and it pulls the next one and it pulls the next one). Had to close the segments individually. TV reception was crap. 1,2,3,4 uselss, sky and prime worked. Big question, would I stay again? For the same or similar reasonable rate, yes.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank waterwingsNZ
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I travel to Auckland on a regular basis and try and book accommodation around the $100 mark if I can. I picked this aparment because at the time they had a special two night deal - it worked out at $75 per night. After reading the reviews I wasn't expecting much but I was suprised. The studio had a balcony with a city view, was spacious and had a good shower. Good location for the University and 7 minute walk to the top end of Queen Street where the AirBus Airport Bus drops off and picks up. I would stay here again if the price was similar. Watch the early-reception closing - I arrived at 10am and they were happy for me to store my luggage in the room whilst it was still being cleaned. Very helpful staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TheSnakebite
Manukau, New Zealand
Reviewed January 24, 2011

after reading the reviews we were very worried to stay here but as our daughter was having major operation in starship ,we needed somewhere close so we were only a 2min drive away.initial thoughts and looks from arriving was dated and only a place to sleep,but as we checked in and went to our superior studio we were very happy.the room was a good size,shower pressure was amazing and everything we needed was there.the view of harbour and city was amazing aswell with the lil balcony.a good walk to hospital ,maybe 10mins and town is a good walk too,buses are close so you can grab 1 if your over walking.its a place to chill out after a big day ,shower,cook a meal,and sleep .$15 a night for guaranteed parking is ok ,if your in and out but its town so you pay anyway.we used company card so didnt pay but they were doing a great deal on the website 3nights for price of 2, $220 it would of been,plus parking extra so not bad for town.dont expect to much and you will be suprised,we were!talk to them when you book and they will try and help as much as they can.we got 17th floor room with view,by doing this and just asking.close to town,king bed,cheap, and clean.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple