“Not impressive”

Ranked #45 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Hamilton, NZ
“Not impressive”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Westayed here for location and for the modest tariff. Access to the building is difficult as it is tucked in behind other buildings. Having been told that carparking was limited we agreed to pay for a reserved park. On arrival we found that no park was allocated to us. The unit was appropriate for the tariff. On return from our function our night was a bit disturbed by young people (who appeared to be permanent residents) partying on the floor below us. We would probably not stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank colval_8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed September 11, 2011

The hotel was a little difficult to find,as it's behind another building,they have free carparks on a first in policy. I was meant to stay on the 7th floor,but asked if I could go on to the top level,they upgraded me up to the 17th floor. The view was great from the top floor,although unlike other hotels,these apartments have stairs that go down to the actual room. The hotel is a nice place to stay if you can put up with the heavy motorway noise,and because of that I would not stay there again. Also the room wasn't properly cleaned,as there was hair and food crumbs all over the place.

Room Tip: If you want to upgrade,ask them,as if it's available,you may get it for free.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Richard K

Travelers are raving about these Auckland hotels

Nz
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Booked a few days before arrival. Rate was very good so can't complain there. Apartment size was as expected, bedroom was smallish but I would say inline with the rate charged. Some motorway noise from near by but I am a heavy sleep so not something that I worry with. Location was central enough, little bit of a hike uphill from say Queen St but only around a 5min walk so no real issue. Negatives: Shower door wasn't working as it should (the type where you slide one segment closed and it pulls the next one and it pulls the next one). Had to close the segments individually. TV reception was crap. 1,2,3,4 uselss, sky and prime worked. Big question, would I stay again? For the same or similar reasonable rate, yes.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank waterwingsNZ
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I travel to Auckland on a regular basis and try and book accommodation around the $100 mark if I can. I picked this aparment because at the time they had a special two night deal - it worked out at $75 per night. After reading the reviews I wasn't expecting much but I was suprised. The studio had a balcony with a city view, was spacious and had a good shower. Good location for the University and 7 minute walk to the top end of Queen Street where the AirBus Airport Bus drops off and picks up. I would stay here again if the price was similar. Watch the early-reception closing - I arrived at 10am and they were happy for me to store my luggage in the room whilst it was still being cleaned. Very helpful staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TheSnakebite
Manukau, New Zealand
Reviewed January 24, 2011

after reading the reviews we were very worried to stay here but as our daughter was having major operation in starship ,we needed somewhere close so we were only a 2min drive away.initial thoughts and looks from arriving was dated and only a place to sleep,but as we checked in and went to our superior studio we were very happy.the room was a good size,shower pressure was amazing and everything we needed was there.the view of harbour and city was amazing aswell with the lil balcony.a good walk to hospital ,maybe 10mins and town is a good walk too,buses are close so you can grab 1 if your over walking.its a place to chill out after a big day ,shower,cook a meal,and sleep .$15 a night for guaranteed parking is ok ,if your in and out but its town so you pay anyway.we used company card so didnt pay but they were doing a great deal on the website 3nights for price of 2, $220 it would of been,plus parking extra so not bad for town.dont expect to much and you will be suprised,we were!talk to them when you book and they will try and help as much as they can.we got 17th floor room with view,by doing this and just asking.close to town,king bed,cheap, and clean.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kboosdad
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed December 31, 2010

Very bad apartment so far. They should not get the Quest ratings and 4 star qualmark as it is more like a 1star accomodation.

1st: the check in was very weird. They told us to call the phone to speak with an operator to do the cheking in details. She even asked for credit card details through the phone- very dodgy!

2nd: Oven not working, kitchen fan not working, water kettle not clean.

3rd: Remote control not working.

4th: Couch was ripping off.

5th: Shower door had a massive gap, the tiles became slippery due to tht.

6th: the windows of the balcony was not clean.

PLEASE FIND OTHER ACCOMODATION IN AUCKLAND!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank ronnieronaldo
Blenheim, New Zealand
Reviewed December 10, 2010

This place is the absolute PITS!!!
I booked thru Travelbug and months in advance ... then suddenly (about the time U2 announced their Auckland tour dates) I get an email from Travelbug asking me if Id changed my date with the hotel.
I hadnt so contacted the hotel. They told me the Penthouse was not available. I contacted Travelbug who sorted it out with them (no doubt they were just trying to cash in on a preminum price for a concert go-er as the cheaper hotels filled up and they could charge higher prices whilst U2 were in town)
I had specifically booked what I thought was a preminum room as it was for a special occassion that we were coming to Auckland.
The room was hideous!!!! Absolutely nothing like the picture they showed on the website. In fact I would be surprised if that rooms was even located in that particular hotel.
The "penthouse" was a very tired and tatty room, poorly designed layout. There was not even enough space in the bedroom to put a suitcase, we had to keep our bags in the lounge. The shower door was so broken that my partner actually became trapped in the shower and I was almost having to call reception to ask for help. The nozzle also fell off in my hand when I touched it.
The over was not working and when I called reception was told that they dont know how to work it and there was nobody there who could come and sort it out.
The dining table still had crumbs and a LETTUCE leaf stuck to it when we checked in.
The whole place was just MANKY and we spent as little time in the room as possible.
I actually do not believe that we were even in a Penthouse room, there were several more floors above us with larger looking balconys, which in my opinion looked more like they would be the real "penthouse" rooms.
For the cost and poor service there were much better hotels to stay at in a better location.
Like I said earlier, it was a special occasion and the photos of the place certainly do not reflect the actual property. There is no way you could pay me to stay there again, just the worst place Ive stayed in for several years

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple