“Service ,Food , Staff , Excellent”

Federal Delicatessen
Ranked #20 of 2,372 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 'The Fed' is all about informality, fun and generosity. Think hand-cut speciality meats, cured lox, gourmet sandwiches deluxe salads & dessert pie by the slice.
Reviewed April 5, 2014

First time diners, will definitely return.The atmosphere was great, a real buzz of activity watching the kitchen staff prepare the meals. The staff were outstanding , even though they were two staff down they still made time to chat and made you feel welcome .The food was what I would expect from a New York Deli and they delivered! I think it is a must do if you are in Auckland. One of the best nights in memory. Well done Al, keep up the good work, when are you opening one on the north shore?

Write a ReviewReviews (1,120)

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I love Depot next door and this is very different but fun. I had fish the first time which I loved but I wasn't so impressed with the meatloaf I chose this time round. The sides were delicious and the desserts really good. It's great service and tasty so I will return again.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

the best ever! the service was impeccable, a hook under the table to hang your handbag, who thought of that! the staff were faultless, from the smiling faces to the way they communicated, to the individual attention each diner received. Then there was the food, we went for lunch, and there was a great choice to select from, all reasonably priced and sized for lunch, and they had a number of options for Gluten free. The four of us all enjoyed our meals and all commented on the perfect service, we will all be eating there again.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

The food was mouth wateringly delicious, nice ambience.
As a solo customer, bar staff was helpful in making suitable choice of meal.
When I took seat at a table with my drink, a waitress came by to ask in a manner that felt to me rude and abrupt: "Are you having a meal?" "Have you ordered food?"
Perhaps not meant in a rude way but left a bad after taste for the lovely meal.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

After arriving in Auckland early in the morning, we dropped off our bags at our hotel and went for breakfast. The deli is cute, but the food wasn't all that for the price that they charge.

My husband ordered the Ugly Bagel which was your basic bagel and lox. I ordered the laska (fried potatoes) and lox which I didn't care for at all.