“A buzzy atmosphere with good food”
Review of Miss Clawdy

Miss Clawdy
Ranked #190 of 2,358 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Miss Clawdy is your soul food haven. Inspired by Lloyd Price’s 1952 New Orleans hit single, ‘Lawdy Miss Clawdy’, we feed hungry hearts with edible goodness wrapped in a lil’ southern magic. Be warned, Miss Clawdy’s kitchen ain’t shy when it comes to cooking. Flavours are big, playful and have attitude, just like Miss Clawdy herself. Miss Clawdy praises the soul, heart and essence of sharing derived from southern cuisine. We appreciate you stopping by, see y’all soon.
Reviewed October 2, 2013

An impromptu Saturday lunch with friends became a fun experience. Loved the location and the ambience of the restaurant. Thought the waitresses looked fab and were attentive and efficient. We shared ribs, jerk chicken, fish tacos, hand cut fries and the homemade corn chips with guacamole which were just the best!! I can't understand so many bad reviews. The restaurant was packed full when we were there and everyone seemed to be having a great time. I recommended it to friends for a birthday lunch and they had a fantastic experience as well. We would certainly return and keep recommending!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was born in New Orleans and grew up on the south. This is not southern food or its a very poor interpretation. We ordered 4 dishes and asked they not all come the same time. Within 7 minutes of ordering all 4 came out! Hushpuppies are made with cornmeal not gluey flour. The ribs had a very strange taste as if old or microwaved. The po boy should be on a warm crispy baguette with a spicy remoulade sauce this was cold uninteresting roll with little taste. The shrimp themselves were good but the whole thing was poorly presented. The only redeeming dish was the jerk chicken. We never order dessert but we were still hungry so we tried the cobbler highly recommended by the herald review. The first bite was a mouth full of flour. Someone forgot the rest of the ingredients and had obviously been microwaved as part of it was hot and part cold. We mentioned to the waiter that the hush puppies and ribs were particular disappointing. We fully expected someone to come over to talk to us. No one did. They took those 2 off the bill but that wasn't the point. We had been told by the person who seated us that the kitchen or management would love our feedback. We had joked with her I am from the south in a very southern accent so we were disappointed no one seemed to care. It seems popularity may be killing their food quality and they have resorted to pre prepared food and shortcuts. It tasted like bad fast food sadly

1  Thank Karen H
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We booked a large table for 12 for my mothers birthday - we travelled from all over the country to attend this "special" lunch. Arrived at the time it was booked for had a 25 minute wait to to be seated at the table – but this didnt overly convern us – although the booking was for 2.00pm so we were hungry! But we had a drink in the front bar and enjoyed the sun.

Once seated it was a bustling vibrant place. Food was yummy - but in hindsight maybe not the place for a Mums birthday - some people complained there wasn’t enough food - but they didn’t know the portion sizes so I suppose they probably could have just ordered some more food.

The food was New Orleans inspired and was very tasty - I had the raw fish cerviche and it was Devine, fresh and tangy very tasty!
I also had the mango and shrimp salad but this was quite bitter and quite sour but the idea was nice - the flavours didnt marry up so this needs work guys!

We all had a "little" jug of cocktail each - YUM!!!!!!! We were worried we wouldn’t be able to walk afterwards but no we were all good  they were delicious but dainty for the price!

I would definitely come again and have a drink and lite bite.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Having been to New Orleans a few times, I was curious to see how a NZ version might compare. Quick lunch with 10 & 7 year olds and the answer was - all good. The quality and freshness was particularly good, and menu offers variety from Louisiana & Mex. Boys loved prawn Po-boy (bread roll) & pulled pork Taco. Fish Taco good but could use larger fillet. Sides of Slaw, home cut fries & corn with soft cheese (which works well) all good. Fun decor & relaxed staff. Recommended for casual bite & friends.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Came across this restaurant in the Wynard quarter only through reading about it in the Herald and in the latest Cuisine. As I like to be up with the latest places I organised a group of us from work (whilst I was travelling to Auckland) to try this place. The décor is funky and hip and the service was excellent. The menu is almost tapas style, the servings aren't big but are delicious. The guacamole and corn chips were great as was the pear infused margarita. The mojito was ok, just a bit lame for my taste. The jerk chicken was delicious as were the fish and pulled pork tacos. We shared the jamabalaya and it was ok but I can make better myself :). The desserts were amazing and we shared the beignets (caramel sauce was divine), the rhubarb cobbler (yum) and the key lime pie (divine). Great night and would go back definitely.