“Nice brunch”

Cereal Killa
Ranked #1,250 of 2,259 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Nice brunch”
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Came here for brunch after stepping off a long flight. Happily this place had the remedy in the form of an excellent brunch. The coffee is very well made and the smoothies are too. Our food was really good. The big veggie breakfast was all well made and the pancakes were excellent

Visited May 2014

belfast
“Nobody left hungry :)”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I have the worst ever luck when it comes to food- I panic order things I don't really want and then suffer food envy when everybody else's meals arrive. I'm pleased to report that despite going against my initial decision of eggs benedict and ordering the French toast on a last minute whim instead I did NOT suffer the expected pangs of order regret. Our table between us ordered porridge (incredibly generous portion and not even remotely bland), eggs benedict with salmon, eggs benedict with mushrooms (both had perfectly poached eggs and very generous portions again), egg and toast soldiers (for the wee man- though the quantity of buttered soldiers would have done a big person) and French toast. I've seen all types of French toast but in terms of impressive size the stack that arrived beats all the previous hands down. The custard and passion fruit were a nice touch but not being a fan of nectarines I became even less so when I found that the poached ones adorning my toast had a taste reminiscent of nail polish remover. Aside from the weird nectarines everything was delicious and to be fair even the nectarines got the thumbs up from one member of the party. The hot drinks were tasty, soy milk no bother though they were on the petite side coming in small glasses so I could have done with double the volume. Service was an issue in past reviews so we were conscious of this but couldn't fault them- it's quite a small cafe so our party of 6 including a 1 year old kind of clogged up a thoroughfare at one of the small tables at the front and we were asked if we wanted to move but we pointed out the lack of a second high hair meant sitting at the larger table with high stools would prove difficult with a littlie so they let us wait and as soon as the larger family table and high chair became available the owner and staff helped move us over- no problems. I'd totally go back :)

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Nice food, indifferent service”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Had breakfast here recently and the food was very good, reminded me a bit of London, especially with the slightly rude guy running the floor, not sure if he is trying to play up to a cameo or if he just doesn't like people coming into his cafe but he seemed to have some temperament issues....

Like I said though, if you are there with friends and ignore the guys attitude breakfast is pretty good, well priced, kind of what you would expect for half way down Dominion Road.

We had a chuckle at the guy but I imagine some people may find him offensive. I will go back .

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Auckcitydweller
Auckland, New Zealand
“Do yourself a favour and visit this place.”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have never scored any brunch I have eaten over 9 out of 10 before...until now.
This place ticks all my boxes....bright and airy atmosphere....polite but not over-bearing staff...interesting choices on the menu.....lovely coffee...but most importantly, the food was AWESOME. I chose the blueberry pancakes and let me tell you about them.
Firstly, they were delicate crepes and not the usual fat variety....they were gorgeous and not remotely stodgy. The dish came with bacon which I asked to be a bit crispy and for the first time in my brunching experience, the chef got it spot-on! The menu states that it comes with a blueberry-caramel sauce.....I'm pleased to report that what I first thought was ground nuts around my plate was actually ground up caramel and it was completely delicious!!
I felt that a lot of attention was given when the food was put on the plate.
My friend ordered the mince on toast and she was over the moon also.
We both had mango/coconut smoothies and they were cracking.
I'm not one to over-enthuse but this place is now my firm favourite.
Please try the pancakes.

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Below par”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We had coffee here a couple of times and saw how busy the place was so made a special effort to head over for brunch, as friends had raved about this place.
I had pancakes & my partner ordered the omelette.
We were so disappointed.
The pancakes were stodgy and cold; really not nice. Out of the 3 on my plate I ate a half of one. The omelette was more like a frittata, over cooked and unappetising.
The coffee was great and the staff were lovely, although no one asked why so little had been eaten.
It may have just been an off day, but it was mightily disappointing.

• Visited December 2013