“Wonderful food but had better Mojito!!!!”
Review of Mekong Baby

Mekong Baby
Ranked #35 of 2,413 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mekong Baby takes diners on an adventurous tour down the Mekong River, offering sophisticated, authentic Southeast Asian flavours and a mixology of spices. Every dish has unique, intensified flavour profiles and is made from absolutely the freshest produce.
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Went with friends to this super restaurant in the bustling restaurant street of Auckland and were very early but there was not a problem as we had booked......essential!!

We were convinced to start with the Mojito and was not inspired by it and maybe should have tried the chilli version that was offered.

Three of us managed to devour about five starters and four/five main courses without too much difficulty and they were all very good even the belly of pork which I tried, despite not initially wanting too really as always found it too rich. The squid was excellent the wagyu beef cheeks superb, the lamb had been slow roasted and was as equally as good as the duck and the goat curries!!

Service was superb (and have never seen a waitress with a pen held in her cleavage before)!!!

Thoroughly recommended but booking really is advisable....they were fully booked at 18.30 for the night and we saw people being turned away!!

One thing to bear in mind is they do not do doggie bags!!

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Came here as a group and got the $60 per head banquet menu and was worth it! We had to stop them serving as so much food was coming out. Some dishes were more stand out than others but on the whole was great! I would probably choose this place over Blue Breeze Inn when it comes to food.

1  Thank AucklandCBD
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Fantastic experience. My team from work went for an end of year lunch in December. Mekong was busy and full of energy and life. The food tasted delicious with lots of variety. The shared dishes enabled us to have a taste of number of foods. Food came promptly even when we ordered another serving of a particular tasty dish! Highly recommend it.

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Visited last night and I'm still in awe!
Read the glowing TA reviews and they are right ( thank you for sharing ).
Walked in with no booking and was met by a friendly guy at the door who immediately found us a table. Most of the tables are 'bar' height, which I prefer I've decided.
Combined with my wife went with the papaya salad ( spicy and incredible - and I'm a carnivore ), lamb baked ribs, goat curry ( smooth as silk ) and pork belly ( incredible ). Portions are generous so this was prob one plate too many. They were all cooked to perfection. Honestly the goat curry melts in your mouth it's so tender. I asked the waitress who is cooking out the back and it's a mixture of European, Indian and Malaysian. That fusion of cultures comes out in every plate.
I read in previous comments that people felt pressured to eat up and get out, but we had none of that whatsoever, though we were there on a Sunday night.
I just can't fault it. The ambience is like 'Melbourne industrial' lol - exposed brick etc, hard to imagine the old GPK.
One small tip - meals come out as and when cooked ( we we're told this ) , so whatever you order be prepared to eat as one serving.
Highly recommended

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I work close to this restaurant and the smell is always amazing. I decided to try it out with few of my friends. The taste of the food is even better than the smell! The menu is a fusion of asian food with a big selection of curries. If you ever go there I recommend the goat curry. DELICIOUS! All the food is full of flavor. The perfect combination of Spicy without being too hot that you don't taste the flavor. The cocktail are highly recommended as well.

The vibe of this place is also great. We were seated in a nice cozy couch area. The music was not loud so we could talk which is a great thing.
The staff were great and gave us a nice description of the food we were about to eat.

The menu has a wide selection of gluten free options and they all taste great!

So far I have been there many times and will continuo to go there. Defiantly my fav restaurant in Auckland

1  Thank daryatarawneh