“the place to be seen”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
alofi
“the place to be seen”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

very busy place , had to drink and eat in a rush as the tables are all booked all night, lots of very trendy people all around
nice selection of beers i never heard of , but at $10 a bottle i only had 2
the menu is tiny in size and in portions, most of it had pig in it so i had the few dishes that had veg/chicken
the 5 of us drank a little shared a few plates spent over $250 and than looked for a place to eat , sort of an expensive place for having basicly appetizers only

• Visited March 2014

Auckland , New Zealand
“Unique vibrant and unusual...”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

There was buzz on the streets about this place and everything I had heard was realised a couple of Friday nights ago when I finally got to sample this unique refreshing vibrant loud buzzy place.
I felt like I was in an old Hawaiian movie.. the place was packed and truly bulging at the seams. You had to choose your table well as some had mini stools ( I could imagine myself falling off one so we moved tables to avoid them). However I was in an aisle and must say my back was bumped every time a waiter went past ( which really started to p me off)... HOWEVER... the really groovy bamboo'ed atmosphere... mixed with the Hawaiian shirted staff made for a relaxing and interesting place to eat.
Then the food arrived.....

We chose 4 starters... pork buns, prawn wontons and 2 others... On their own they were good, tasty even and very hot....but add the most tasty chilli sauce that came with them and soy sauce on the table and OMG yum yum yum. Very tasty food.
For mains we had a lamb dish, a vegetarian dish, a fish dish and veges. Again tasty but not quite as good as those amazing starters...)
Overall a fun experience to keep you feeling alive... and the best cocktail I've had in.....ever. (something lime and at $10 it was amazing)...
Definitely would go back when in the mood for little conversation, tasty Hawaiian influenced Asian food all in a loud buzzy environment where you feel you have left NZ behind for a little while...

PS: I think lunch would be a lot quieter and calmer making it a totally different atmosphere to the Friday night buzz we had... I'll let you know when I get back for lunch..

• Visited April 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“This place is super fab”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

GREAT design, top friendly, helpful service, outstanding food, great drinks...this place has it all. Put it on the top of your list!

Visited July 2013
London
“Get the pork buns!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Went here for lunch. Great or going with friends and getting a few small plates to share (especially the pork buns). My rum cocktail was also delicious.

Visited March 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Asian-fusion food”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Really busy restaurant with great atmosphere. Staff are really friendly and the good is great.
Great restaurant to share food as meals don't all come out at once and so many yummy things to try. My favourite is the cured salmon raw salad.

Visited March 2014