“Second best coffee in Auckland”
Review of Kokako Cafe

Kokako Cafe
Ranked #262 of 2,359 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Ok so second best is not 'first best' but that is only because the first best is so good. Kokako has it all, excellent excellent coffee and terrific food that is always so reliable, great atmosphere too. Overall everything is nailed here. Strong game.

There are newer reviews for Kokako Cafe

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I was staying in the Grey Lynn area, and came to Kokako for a lazy late lunch one chilly afternoon. It was very relaxing and peaceful sitting on the large, round communal table, eating a delicious vegan muffin and a coffee. The staff were lovely, very accommodating, and didnt mind me sitting there doing some work.
Thanks Kokako for a lovely afternoon.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I reviewed these guys over a year ago, and whenever I go back I find it has only gotten better.

Their current menu is incredible value for money, I had the quinoa, cocoa & coconut pancakes (with maple syrup, poached pear and toasted pistachios) for breakfast - an unbelievable $16! If you compare the quality of what they make and the use of organic, local, fairtrade, etc ingredients to what other cafes are doing, I find it impressive that they manage to keep their food so affordable as well.

The staff are always smiley and nice, and I love their smoothies - the 'Greenie' is a great morning kick-start!

I saw that Metro Eats rated them the top cafe in Grey Lynn for 2013, and that is well-deserved.

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

We came here on Auckland Anniversary Day and the place was CHOCKA. Didn't manage to get a table, but managed to grab a seat up at the counter, in the middle of the cafe - and that was perfectly fine. We had the Organic quinoa, cocoa and coconut pancakes with red wine poached pear, creme fraiche and toasted pistachios at $15.90 and we also got The Mexican Breakfast - Mexican spiced Azuki beans served on gluten free tortilla, with scrambled organic free range eggs, tomatillo salsa, spiced nuts and seeds, organic avocado, fresh little horror tomatoes from Curious Croppers and fresh coriander at $16.90. The pancakes came with a half jug of what seemed to be Agave syrup.. It was delicious, but a full jug would've been better.. But that's just me being picky and greedy. ;) the pancake dish as a whole, was one of the best dishes I had in Auckland on our one week holiday and I'm still dreaming about them! Partner enjoyed the Mexican breakfast and he's incredibly picky. Berry Kombucha was yum, but pricey for the amount we got. Overall, such a great experience with such friendly and efficient staff. Can definitely recommend and will definitely go back next time I'm in Auckland. :)

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Fantastic food, prompt friendly service, funky atmosphere with an interesting menu with organic, vegan and other healthy options.