“Never fails to impress”
Review of Gusto Italiano

Gusto Italiano
Ranked #89 of 2,259 Restaurants in Auckland
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Never fails to impress”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I live in th UK and travel to Auckland 5 times per year for business and personal reasons. I always visit Gusto's with my children and good friend Roberto and his family. Yesterday the Tuna steak caught my eye and I ordered it medium. However Amundo recommended I have it rare, what a great piece of advice, it was perfect. That's what I like to see, people who really know their food. My children ordered the perfect Italian pizzas and they has Tarimisu to finish, a wonderful night of dining in a perfect Italian setting.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank TonyEveritt

New Zealand
“Great neighbourhood resturant”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We've been to Gusto three times over the past two months and it's always good. Great food and excellent service. The tartufo ( how do you speed that?) dessert is amazing!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank taxistarfish
Sydney, Australia
“At last a real Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

What a great find this place is. Having tried Italian Restaurants all over New Zealand I had almost given up hope of finding one that truly had the Italian feel and food to match. Bingo - we hit the jackpot with this great place - small and intimate with a great friendly atmosphere - terrific staff and authentic food - I had the insalata caprese followed by a delicious ravioli with beetroot (one of the daily specials) My friends had the Vitello Tonata, squid and various Pizza's - enjoyed by all. great wine list. The only downside was the bathroom - a bit of a trek upstairs -

I can highly recommend this great little Italian Restaurant and will most definitely return

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jane B
auckland
“A real taste of Italy”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I can affirm that this was the best Italian dinner ever in Auckland! We started with a special entree called vitello tonnato, a regional dish from Piedmont, and we had a tasty bruschetta as well. I had a scotch fillet served with a sauce of red wine and gorgonzola cheese, while my girlfriend had a creamy dish of tortellini with truffle and porcini mushrooms. All of those drinking a bottle of Barbera, which the waiter matched with the food perfectly. Armando was really friendly and welcoming, the atmosphere was like a real Italian restaurant, even the music has been amazing! I’ll come back for sure, magnifique service and superb food give to this place a top rating! See you soon Armando

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Matt838383
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“The best part of it was the Opera singer!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This place receives mixed reviews and seems to be a bit hit and miss. We had both, booked a table for six, seemed they were holding off taking our orders for food while very happy to take orders for drinks. We ordered some garlic bread which was overpriced and not up to scratch, nearly an hour later while other tables were already served that came in after us we finally complained about the long wait and hey presto the food arrived in a minute. Why the long and unnecessary wait? They tried to tell us the garlic bread was an entree, guys, garlic bread is NOT an entree! My pasta sauce was very nice, the pasta itself was not freshly made and quite tough. Overall the food was acceptable but certainly not very praise worthy. The best part of the evening was the opera singer, although in a confined space not the ideal venue but still very enjoyable. Personally I won't be back as there are plenty of other excellent choices in Auckland for Italian food.

• Visited March 2014