“Audi R8”
Review of Concept Car Hire - CLOSED

Concept Car Hire
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore some of the fantastic roads around Auckland or all of New Zealand in some of the world's best cars - Aston, Porsche, Audi, BMW.... Sports, luxury and exotic car hire.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I contacted Concept Car Hire the day before flying to Auckland, on a whim to try and fill in a spare day before playing in a sporting competition. Despite organising teh hire from overseas, it really couldn't have gone any easier and the service from Guy was outstanding. We hired the Audi R8 which was immaculate and looks brand new. Despite some terrible weather, we drove out to Piha and surrounds for the day and had a ball. An amazing car and an amazing service which also represents great value! Highly recommended.

ConceptCarHire, Owner at Concept Car Hire, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thanks for posting your comments. I'm glad you had a great time, and can only apologise for the weather! At least the car is four wheel drive...! It was a pleasure to meet you both and chat in the car on the way back into town - hope the games went well!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I recently rented the Porsche 911 for the weekend as a surprise anniversary present for my husband. He was so impressed. We had the best time driving it up to Matakana for the weekend, and he couldn't stop smiling. The car was certainly beautiful to look at and ride in, and according to my husband was an absolute dream to drive. Guy was extremely helpful and accommodating in arranging this surprise present. Highly recommended and a great special gift idea.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

It's four hours since we dropped the off the Lotus Elise, and my pulse and adrenaline levels STILL feel elevated! I went with friends in the MR2 car club for a run to Kaipara. Every sign indicating a tight corner was another excitement - another challenge. The Elise performed flawlessly. Nothing fazed it.

Pre-requisites: flexible legs (for ingress/egress); competence with manual gear-change (stick shift) with the left hand; willingness to use full throttle occasionally.

ConceptCarHire, Owner at Concept Car Hire, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thanks for the comments - the Elise is perfect for some of NZ's more twisty roads! Glad you had a good time, and thanks for the great photos...

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have always wanted to drive a Porsche 911 since I was a kid and Concept Car Hire have made my childhood dream came true. The 911 C2S PDK they have available for hire has exceeded every bit of my expectation and I have enjoyed every minute driving it. The handling, engine sound, speed, gearbox...everything was just amazing. The car was surprisingly easy to drive around town, given that it has 385 horsepower and a 0-100km/h time of close to 4 seconds!

The team at Concept Car was also very easy to deal with. Communication through email was great. All my questions in regards to hiring and booking of the vehicle were answered thoroughly. The owner of the company is friendly and made the overall experience largely positive. I am definitely looking forward to my next rental!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

A big thanks to Guy and Concept Car Hire for rental of the BMW M3. It was honestly an awesome car to drive; we drove it up around Coromandel and to Whitianga for the weekend. You can see why there are so many good reviews on the M3! It made our weekend away a lot more enjoyable. Also found the SMG gearbox great to drive (dare I say it) more interesting than a manual!?... thanks again.