“A nice way to start the trip”
Review of Ortolana

Ortolana
Ranked #20 of 2,306 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
North Vancouver, Canada
“A nice way to start the trip”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

It was our first evening in Auckland after a long trip and a long day of walking. Ortolana was a lovely spot that we had walked by earlier in the day in the Britomart area, A lovely patio and great service from our waitress. The food was also excellent for two weary travellers.

Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Can't wait to return”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My boyfriend and I dined at Ortolana new years eve and is defiantly one of the top restaurants in Auckland. The food is authentic without being boring, the ingredients are fresh and the service was spot on. At first glance the menu is small, they obviously try to focus on a smaller number of dishes and get them perfect, which they do. I had the lobster linguine to start which was like no other dish I've tried before, my partner had the fish of the day for his main and it was amazing (I'm not a fan of fish usually) and I had lamb, it was literally falling apart. There was a really good variety of wine to choose from and the desserts were delectable. This place is a must, with the only down side being you can't book, you go onto a waiting list though we only waited 30minutes and they called us, totally worth the wait. Enjoy!

• Visited December 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great lunch!! Will always return to this place :D”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is the 3rd time I have been here, and once again Ortolana never fails to impress! We had a great lunch at Ortolana situating in the middle of Britomart complex. We sat outside which was a little chilly, but there are blankets which they offer to you to wrap around nice and cosy. Wonderful service. Awesome food, we had steak, hapuka (fish of the day), and gnocchi and all the dishes impress us. Also love how Milse from nextdoor (the best dessert restaurant in Auckland in my mind) supplies their dessert :)

• Visited March 2014
Perth
“Different, fantastic”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

The food and ambience here are certainly different, healthy and overall, excellent and good value. The sparkling water is complimentary, the service friendly and helpful and the meals combine unusual ingredients to produce very tasty and enjoyable dining. Definitely worth visiting if you are growing tired of the usual offerings.

Visited April 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“Lived up to expectations”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Like all no bookings restaurants I left my number to call and they gave an estimated time for securing a table. In fact I got one 15 mins earlier which was great. There are by the way many bars to have a drink in while you wait. The food was well worth the wait and the staff friendly and efficient. I will return!

Visited March 2014