“Lovely restaurant, yummy food!”
Review of Mix Moon

Mix Moon
Ranked #327 of 2,360 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I went here with a friend and was instantly impressed by the restaurant, it was modern, stylish and very welcoming. I loved the heaters going outside and the fairy lights added that nice touch. We were seated and given menus, the waitress went away for a bit then came to take our drink orders. We ordered sprits, I had ordered a double which was disappointing as it was more like less than a single, couldn’t taste the alcohol and was even in a short glass, at $9.00 you’d think it’d be a double. We then ordered and the mains were beautiful, very impressed by the food. Although the medium was more mild than medium for my curry. The waitresses weren’t around much, although they were very polite and asked how our meals were and upon leaving as well. We didn’t want desert as were too full, which was lucky as they had given us the menus and then forgotten to come back for about 20 minutes. It was a quiet night and very nice place, overall yummy food and good experience, I will definitely be going back. Might just order a coke next time though!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've lived my life in New Lynn and Titirangi, and good places to dine out have always been hard to find.

Mix moon by far rates as one of the best I've found in the area so far. You'd think you were in a classy restaurant in Ponsonby, not tucked away in suburban west Auckland.

The ambiance combined with really delicious Asian food make this my pick for a nice night out in the west.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Nice greeting which laid the platform for a good evening
very friendly staff a large choice of many menu items fron Vietnam /malaya/and Thailland
the food choices were good and very well presented the tastes were as good as you would get
The restaurant is clean tidy well presented and has a good atmosphere
well done

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The atmosphere is good, the service could have been better our second round of drinks arrived when we were finishing our meal although we had ordered for them when we were starting. The Food was good, would have been better of the Roti Chanai was freshly made - it tasted as if it was store bought roti and just heated at the restaurant. The Chicken curry and Crying Tiger were good.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant and was not disappointed, there is a very good selection of meals from around all of Asia also a selection of heat ie the amount of Chilli, prices are good. The staff are friendly and know the different dishes well. There is also a takeaway menu offering 20% discount, we will definitely go again and again to try and work our way through the menu.