“Best grilled meats”

El Sizzling Chorizo
Ranked #130 of 2,227 Restaurants in Auckland
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vancouver, Canada
“Best grilled meats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

The meat was so damn good we ate it all. We are usually full before the meal is complete but at El Sizz, the meat is so well prepared that you wouldn't dare leave any. Designed like a small cantina in the south west with a huge gaucho grill. Fast service- Really awesome food. Don't walk, run to El Sizz.

Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Epic!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Awesome and authentic; we took a chance and it paid off handsomely. Great concept and superb meat. More space at the counter would have made it perfect. Highly recommended!

1 Thank Rackjabbit
“Great..... But!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Sorry to write this but is true and needs to change when you are really good. I drove all the way from Parnell to get food from you, simply based on Facebook and menumania.com that you close at 11pm. Came to the store and was told you were closed at 10.10pm. I was more disappointed that you still had 12 customers and 6 were just starting on their meals and the worst being you still had food cooking on the grill. Straight off I was told closed! Didn't want to walk away so I called and said I want take away but closed was the word again. Nothing that can be done if that's the policy, and you could have had a really busy night and just want to go home. Then you need to change the time that is advertised saying when you are open till.

Ziano di Fiemme, Italy
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Best meat in town so far. Been there on a Sunday morning, great service, quick and friendly. Nothing better that 600gr of meat and a good beer with some friends!

• Visited September 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
“Feel the heat... grilled meat, cold beer, what more do you want?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I just moved to Auckland from Florida about a week ago. My wife is a kiwi, but has been away from home a very long time. Her sister and future bro-in-law took us to El Flaming Chorizo as part of the "getting to know the neighborhood" walkabout. I consider myself a somewhat serious foodie, but I don't like restaurants that come off as pretentious... which is one reason why I loved our stop at El Flaming Chorizo. We sat at the bar where you can watch the grill master work the embers and rotate the various cuts of meat until they are ready to be sliced and delivered. The heat coming off the grill was pleasant (as was the smell of charred meat in the air) and made for a nice stop on a cool spring day.

It could be that after the initial trip, this is the kind of comfort I needed- but honestly, our trip here was the highlight of my day. The bread which they cook directly on the grill is also delicious and I was treated to my first lesson learning the micro-brews of the area as well. I only have one complaint which held me back from giving five out of five stars... the cuts of meat, while tasty, were sometimes tough and could have used more seasoning (of course, the later is subjective). That said, I definitely plan on going back to fulfill my primal urges soon.

• Visited September 2013