“BEST IN AKL”
Review of Ding Dong Lounge

Ding Dong Lounge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ding Dong Lounge is a Rock bar in the down town vicinity, welcoming business patrons & rockers alike. As an alternative to the Viaduct & Britomart, Ding Dong Lounge hosts a steady roster of Rock n Roll DJs and weekly live bands with a great food & drinks menu available all night! The main bar downstairs features booths- great for catching up with friends after a long day at work. Each booth has a screen displaying music videos which accompany the songs pumping over the PA. Our upstairs bar is available for special events, private functions, parties and live music.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

If you like good music, good drinks and good vibes, then get yourself to this bar, ASAP. Aside from the occasional local gig, there was no real home for those who loved rock and roll, in Auckland. With the exception of some Friday nights at the back of a hip hip club, there was no where that played (and I know I'm being biased in my statement) "good" music. This place is not only filled to the brim with amazing people (I mean seriously, the staff is amazing, and even being a young female, the security makes you feel safe as safe can be), but is aesthetically pleasing down to the finest detail. The bar is gorgeous, the seats are comfortable and so sexy and the songs are often accompanied by their music videos through the projector on the dance floor, which also consists of a stripper pole for those more daring! This place is THE place in Auckland. It hasn't been open for that long, but is already first choice of not only me, but many others.

Obviously, I recommend a visit.

4  Thank StaceeMorrison

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Great club. Came across it by change while walking through town and decided to have a look. Once you get down the stairs the place opens up to a sleek looking lounge bar with old bluestone walls, booth seating, and a wrap around bar. When we were there they were playing Rock n roll which is perfect for me. Drinks were reasonable and the bar staff were friendly and chilled out. Had a peek at the VIP bar upstairs which was really plush but the music was a bit hard for my liking so we spend most of the night dancing around downstairs. I'll be back. Jessie

3  Thank Jessie K