“Nice views & great service”

St Heliers Bay Cafe & Bistro
Ranked #117 of 2,344 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opened December 2012
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Came here for brunch on a Saturday and it was very busy! But the staff were great and very attentive. The view was amazing too as we were sitting next to the window! The food was a bit disappointing, but that might be my fault in ordering smoked fish which was way too salty, I also felt the dish was too oily and heavy. My friend really enjoyed her dish though! The sparkling water was different; we didn't like it and wish they would have asked us what water we prefer before pouring sparkling water.

There are newer reviews for St Heliers Bay Cafe & Bistro

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We are locals and decided to try out this place. The staff were pleasant and the atmosphere inviting. Unfortunately that's where the positive experience ended. I ordered the lamb, which had an unpleasant taste which permeated the whole dish. When I mentioned that I had not enjoyed my meal at the end, I was informed the lamb was coming off the menu from tomorrow. Helpful! My husband had the rib eye steak (i think the most expensive main on the menu) which was nothing to rate. As for the garden salad, it would have been nice to have had some lettuce in it. Far too expensive for such poor quality.

4  Thank CharlotteYoungNZ
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Loved the food, thought the menu was a bit limited but that's only if I am trying to find a fault. I really value how I'm looked after in a restaurant and the people here are all great. Attentive, warm, always there when you need them. I liked the interior and the outlook over St Heliers Bay is lovely. I've always been put off by how packed the place looked but when I actually went there I found that is deceiving. There are plenty of spaces, and a good assortment of tables for every occasion. I rated the food out of ten with the waiters (MKR Style) and they put up with my Dad type joke really well.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Have always enjoyed my meals here. The service is always good without fail and the views constantly a delight. Will always return.

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

A great addition to the local scene. Service good and the food, whilst not extensive, is well done. Be prepared for a wait at the weekend & in summer as they don't take bookings.