“Hidden gem”

Description: Opened December 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This restaurant is always busy, this must tell you something about the place! I have visited for lunch and for dinner, there is no advertisement that this place is a restaurant, I noticed it when driving passed a few times and noticed that there was always lots of people inside, so I had a walk down Tamaki Drive and called in for lunch, I had a small type pizza which was so delicious I had to take my husband back on Saturday night for dinner. We were sat near the window on Tamaki Drive and I had a lovely view out to sea, my husband couldn't believe how busy this was as we had called in early, what a buzz. We received a glass of sparkling water which is a very nice touch, the food was wonderful, the service was reasonably quick, the staff were very friendly and one of the girls took a picture of my husband and me with my iPhone. I would recommend St Helier's Cafe and Bistro as this is also quite reasonably priced and what a wonderful view out those big windows. Thank you to all the staff who made us feel welcome, will be calling in again soon.

• Visited January 2014

Arizona
“The Food is Equal to the View”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Mission Bay is a priceless location and now there is a casual dining spot with food as good as the scenery...Cafe serves sparkling water table side, a lovely touch, no charge....food is yummy, we had fish, served with excellent accompaniments, creative veggies...one of our party had the fish and chips, another winner...the wine list is excellent...and should the setting sun distract, the staff give you hats to shield your eyes for the brief time until it retreats...a real Auckland treasure.
We will be back.

• Visited January 2014
Waitakere city
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

From the look outside you might think you were going into a bank but inside it's all bustle and great atmosphere. We went on a really busy day and had a brief wait in the courtyard for a table. The service is prompt and friendly and the food outstanding. I'm not too worried about quantities (unless they are really miserly) but here the portions are generous and the flavour combinations inspired. We took our coffee to go and enjoyed it with a stroll along the beach.
We'll be back!

• Visited December 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“A brunch delight”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Went for brunch on New Year's Day. Sat on the street side where they open the huge windows so you feel as if you're dining al fresco. Fabulous location looking straight across to the beach and Rangitoto in the distance.
The menu is a little on the minimalist side but enough to choose from and it was beautifully prepared and tasted delicious. 2 of us had eggs Benedict variations, one with smoked fish, and mine was on a potato hash base rather than a bun. Nice difference and it was excellent. The other person had the pick of the breakfast: toasted quinoa with yoghurt and plums. Surprisingly good!
The staff were very attentive with just the right amount of intrusion to check if everything was ok. A nice touch was the sparkling water presented on arrival, and a never ending top up!
Would definitely recommend and looking forward to my next visit.

Visited December 2013
Tauranga
“Excellent Food and Bonus Sparkling Water”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Wandered in after a stroll along the beach, just for a coffee. Served promptly at the long buffet table and thought the food coming out of the 'open to view kitchen' looked tasty, so asked for the lunch menu. Asked if we would like a table (it was a very crowded place right on lunchtime) and we were promptly seated. The 'tap water' (free) is actually lightly sparkling water and is excellent and a first for me to see, as most eating establishments try to push you to buy the profitable sparkling designer water. Excellent food, promptly served and tasty.
Not cheap, but well worth it and we will return when next in Auckland.

• Visited December 2013