“What a great experience.”

Fly A Jet - Flight Simulator
More attraction details
Owner description: Located right in the heart of Auckland City, FLY A JET is a flight simulator company providing entertainment for aviation enthusiasts as well as pilot training for future airline pilots. We also cater to corporate events with our in house function venue. Whether you are a budding pilot or have never been in a plane, the FLY A JET simulator is as close to flying the real thing as you will ever get.
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Loved every minute of this. I chose the ultimate package as I wanted to make the most of my time in Auckland. Personally I think this is great value for money. Would have cost twice as much back home in Australia.

Peter was my instructor and he certainly knows his stuff. A very experienced, professional, and friendly person. My two hours of flying around was over in a blink which means I was thoroughly enjoying myself. The cockpit is all genuine from the seats forward which makes it that much better. We flew from Invercargill (I think) to land at Queenstown and had a touch and go at Wanaka which made things very tight as the airstrip is so short. Lastly, I tried the famous, but now defunct, Kai Tak airport in Hong Kong. What a challenge this must have been for first time pilots flying into this. Awesome.

If and when I'm back in Auckland - this will be at the top of my list of things to do. If this sort of thing interests you - I can't think of a better thing to do for a bit of mental fun.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

You like flight simulator ? You like flying ? Then don't wait and go for a real cockpit experience under the conceal of a professional pilot !
Roy (the instructor) is really friendly and cool, he gives you the necessary informations to start the engines, drive on the taxiways, take off, fly and finally land on an airport you choose.
I never did it before, but was lucky enough to land correctly 3 times on Sydney airport.
If you like this kind of things, don't hesitate do it !

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Since 9/11 the flight deck of a commercial aircraft has been a no go area for the public, but Flyajet has opened the cockpit door and allowed the layman not just a glimpse of the aircraft’s controls, but the chance to sit in the driver’s seat and, with the help of an experienced pilot as a co-pilot/instructor, experience just what it is like to fly a large jet aircraft.
The simulator emulates the Boeing 737-800 aircraft and has the “glass cockpit” of flat LCD screens instead of conventional instruments. It is fixed base but has realistic sound and seat vibration, and the outside visuals are projected onto a 180° curved screen surrounding the windscreen and side windows, giving an amazingly realistic visual effect.
On arrival I was greeted by my instructor/co-pilot, Roy, and given a quick overview of aircraft controls and what they do, then it was into the simulator. This is somewhat larger than an actual flight deck and has extra seating with an instructor’s desk and an observer’s seat – four seats in all, but the panels were realistic, with backlit illuminated labelling. With Roy’s help I started up, taxied out to the runway, and took off.
Now the difficult bit – landing. My first attempt missed the runway altogether and ended up on the grass. But not a problem to Roy or the simulator, have another go.
Two more gos and I was able to get down onto the runway.
The session finished with taxi in and shutdown.
All in all a very interesting and worthwhile experience, and I just had to go back for more. This time we went to Hong Kong Kai Tak airport, one of the more challenging airports in the simulator’s database.
For the aviation enthusiast or anyone else interested in aviation and aircraft operation this experience is highly recommended, but needs to be taken seriously. The simulator is no toy – and the fees reflect this. While it perhaps might be fudged a little bit on account of post 9/11 considerations, it has approval from the Civil Aviation Authority for facets of commercial pilot training, and there are specific training modules offered in this respect, including an airline interview preparation session. While it is used for facets of pilot training, sessions for members of the public are designed to inform rather than instruct. A session on this simulator offers one a challenging, interesting, and worthwhile experience with a difference.
For someone with a fear of flying or frightened of aircraft, this is an opportunity to see and experience what is involved with aircraft operation, and perhaps conquer one’s fear, in a safe and non-threatening situation. The simulator is located in a neutral downtown environment well away from any aircraft or airport.

2  Thank PatHLZ