“AMAZING EXPERIENCE & SO MUCH FUN”

Odyssey Sensory Maze
Book In Advance
More Info
$14.17*
and up
Odyssey Sensory Maze Entry Auckland
More attraction details
Owner description: Odyssey Sensory Maze is Auckland’s newest tourist attraction situated right in the heart of Auckland CBD. Odyssey will send you on a journey that will invigorate, indulge and challenge your senses as you travel through 13 different zones with special lighting effects, illusions, unusual sounds and darker challenging spaces.Odyssey is a mind-blowing journey that will leave you wondering how it is all possible and if you are perhaps in another world.
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I went to the new Odyssey maze in Queenstown. It beat all my expectations, it was an amazing journey through all the different sections. I can see why it is called a 'SENSORY' maze, some sections where all out fun and others just really messed with my mind and were visually very impressive. I spent over 30 minutes soaking it up, fumbling around and getting a little bit lost. Had a great laugh, well worth it. I want to do it again!!

1  Thank Sb0i
Michelle J, Owner at Odyssey Sensory Maze, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Hi Sb0i,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We greatly appreciate your feedback.

We are so thrilled that you enjoyed our maze in Queenstown and that it beat all expectations!

It's our aim to provide a unique and wonderful journey that takes you out of everyday life and invigorates and challenges all your senses along the way!

Again, we are so glad you enjoyed your time at Odyssey and we can't wait to see you again
soon :-)

in 7 reviews
"queenstown"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Don't want to slam the place but I do think I would have still been disappointed if it was $5 let alone $19. The dark room was the best for me as it was actually scary but other than that I really didn't feel challenged and I tried to take my time and still was out in about 7 mins. I would give it a miss. Might be good for groups or people with kids (don't know how they would go in the dark room though)

2  Thank marnie h
Michelle J, Owner at Odyssey Sensory Maze, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to hear that you weren't thrilled with your Odyssey experience.

You mention it took you around 7 minutes to complete the maze which is a lot quicker than the majority of our customers who usually take between 15-25 minutes to complete it.

Your comments regarding price also differs from what most of our customers say. Odyssey is a unique attraction with one of a kind illusions that you won't experience anywhere else and one where no time limit is enforced so that you are free to enjoy it at a relaxed and leisurely pace.
Our pricing is set to reflect the experience you receive rather than the time it takes you to compete it, as this does differ slightly from person to person or group to group. Having said that, we are continually looking for ways to enhance and lengthen the experience.

Again, thank you for your feedback and like all feedback, it is most definitely taken on board.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went here with a family group of young teens. Luckily our group were the only ones there so the kids could spend as long as they liked in each room. Their favourite was the bouncy balls room. Yes it is too scary for little kids (and scardy-cat adults). Don't bring anybody frail or with a physical disability. My autistic 7r old was quite scared in the pitch black room and forest room, but liked the rest of it.
Please bear in mind this is a "small" maze attraction, so its pretty fun while it lasts but don't expect to stay there for hours.

3  Thank Celeste M

Hi there Celeste,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to hear you all enjoyed the Odyssey experience!

You are quite right in saying that it can be scary for young children and this is why we don't recommend it to children under the age of 8 years or to anyone else who has any real fear of darkness. I trust our staff mentioned this prior to entry.
In saying this, some young children love it! It is very child dependent. The ball room definitely is a winner with younger ones (and older ones to!).

We are glad you enjoyed your time and we hope to see you again in the future :-)

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Two board attendants didnt say anything about a pitch black maze room with scarey animal noises nor about age restrictions. Our children (10,9, 6yrs) were terrified and refused to move and we could not go backwards. No one watching the 'safety monitors' so no one saw us waving for help. we eventually got past that room but kids too anxious to really enjoy the rest and we rushed out. Attendants could not have cared less. Even if it had been less scarey, it is over priced for the rest.

4  Thank 892susie
Michelle J, Owner at Odyssey Sensory Maze, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Hi Susie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments.

I am sorry to hear that yourself and your family did not enjoy the Odyssey experience. I sincerely apologize for the lack of information you received about the experience prior to entry. The staff are trained to inform you that the attraction is not designed nor recommended for children under 8 years of age or for children who struggle with darkness or loud sound effects but entry is at the discretion of the parents/guardians and furthermore, to monitor the cameras so to assist customers through the maze if needed.

If you wouldn't mind taking the time to email info@odysseysensorymaze.co.nz with any information that may/will tell us who you were served by, I would greatly appreciate that. That way I can be sure to follow up with the staff involved and take the appropriate action to ensure this does not happen again.

Your comments regarding price differ from what most of our customers say. Odyssey is a unique attraction with one of a kind illusions that you won't experience anywhere else and one where no time limit is enforced so that you are free to enjoy it at a relaxed and leisurely pace. We have had an overwhelmingly positive response from most visitors to Odyssey. Our pricing is set to reflect that. Having said that, we are continually looking for ways to enhance and lengthen the experience.

Again, thank you for your feedback and it is most definitely taken on board.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

A very memorable & enjoyable experience! We'd been through once before as s couple and this time in auckland we decided to show our friends, as we don't know anything else quite like it! I would say that it is a little over priced though (@ $19per adult - for the time it takes it's probably worth closer to $13-15 in my opinion) but still worth trying at least once, & totally take someone to enjoy it with. Also, my advice, totally take your time and enjoy each section as it ends up flying by pretty fast if you're not careful.

1  Thank Dave_in_NZ

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Odyssey experience and we have taken on board your comments with regards to value for money. We are continually looking for ways to lengthen and enhance the experience you have for the money you pay.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kindest Regards,