“Pleasantly surprised”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2013

6 of us just walked along the waterfront and chose Pescado because of the menu choice on display. We shared the entres which were very tasty. For mains three had the chicken, one the duck and two the lamb. All meals were good. Service was excellent and after dinner coffee was superb. The weather was good so it was nice to be able to sit outside. Was happy with value for money.

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

There are lots of choices in this relatively new area of Auckland dining scene and I chose this restaurant because of their fish-of-the-day. I wasnt disappointed: pan fried Snapper with a yummy salad and fries. The fish had a great sauce as well. The area offers a great casual lunch/evening dining experience right on the harbour. I would eat here agsin. Dont forget to pop into the fish market on the next street back :-).

Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended to this restaurant by a local and we're not disappointed. I had a beautiful snapper in s very tasty sauce and my wife had so much lamb, whic was tender and full of flavour, that she could not finish it. Right on the harbour so good views.

1  Thank Ksdad
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I wrote a great review on this restaurant previously and I take it all back. We went there last night for our wedding anniversary. I was horrified. We shared an antipasto platter which was nice though meager. The squid hadn't had it's skin removed, so I battled with eating it. You can imagine the fight with the skin like an elastic band flinging the breadcrumbs all over my clothes. Then in the middle of still eating our entree, the waitress brought our main. I told her we weren't finished our entree and she ignored and still put it on the table. I even then said, the is not good enough and she didn't care. My husband ate his part, but it was too cold, icy cold by the time I got to it, so didn't eat it. I will never, ever go there again, nor will our friends by the time I have spread this around. I am so offended and disgusted, they ruined what was supposed to be a romantic and relaxed dinner for my husband and I and I won't forgive.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stopped by with a friend on a Sunday afternoon for some Tapas.
We had a lovely greeting from two female waitresses.

We sat outside and its a beautiful setting with the waterfront and people walking by. Just a great way to spend the afternoon.
The Tapas were amazing, so fresh and full of flavour. Next time I would order two each and maybe one extra. Mainly because I was left wanting a little bit more after only having one. (Thats a good sign)

Ordered great coffees and hot chocolate as well.
It was just a lovely meal, atmosphere and great service.

We will be back......again and again.....:-)