“Worst Massage Ever”
Review of The Rub

The Rub
Ranked #26 of 55 Spas & Wellness in Auckland
More attraction details
Owner description: We are specialist drop-in health massage from 15 to 120 minutes for your head, neck, shoulder, back, legs, sciatica and reflexology foot spa. No appointment necessary, drop in after a hard day's shopping in the city or fashion stores of Newmarket and leave refreshed...
Hamilton
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Worst Massage Ever”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The only saving grace from this unfortunately experience was that I have booked for just 30 minutes and not the full hour like my friend had.

The venue itself was very clean, spacious, stylish and quiet. After a 20 minute wait I was lead to a cubicle for a 30 minute neck, shoulder and scalp massage. I had a therapist arrive who did not introduce themselves and started what felt like a rub and flick session. I have to remind he when she started on my legs that I was there for a neck, scalp and shoulder massage. To add insult to injury the therapist started pinching my right shoulder and using a one arm technique - this is because they were looking out of the curtains surrounding the cubicle.

PS: The curtains surrounding the cubicle are see through...

Visited March 2013
TheRub3, Owner at The Rub, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
I'd like to apologize for your massage experience and offer you a comp - please contact us via our website.
Massage is a subjective experience and we really encourage our customers to let us know at the time if they are not happy so that we can find them another therapist that better suits them.
We have 8 staff offering a range of massages so we are confident we can find one to meet your needs.
On a busy day we may have 50-70 customer visits, most of these are drop-in and around half come back to us again.
We work hard to make sure we maintain great quality and its very important to us that our customers are happy.
We have since upgraded our curtains to make them non-see-through and provide our customers with more privacy.