“Great boat! Great skipper!”

Megabites Fishing Charter Ltd
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Megabites Fishing Charter is an Auckland Fishing Charter company that provides recreational saltwater fishing trips departing from Westhaven Marina in Auckland. We have fast, clean and comfortable charter boats for all our fishing charters in Auckland.We are located in the heart of Auckland city and it would be convenient to get on a fishing trip especially if you are a tourist and looking to get on some fishing action!
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We had a group of work mates out for the day with Darrel.
A fantastic day all round. Beautiful weather, plenty of banter ( which Darrel joined in with) and most importantly we all took plenty of fish home
He has a great knowledge of the area and where to go for certain species of fish, making sure there wasn't too many "quiet times" by moving when needed.
A very clean and well organised boat, with plenty of grunt to get you where you want to be fast!
Right from the first inquiry into a trip, I had fast and helpful replies via email, which makes organising a trip a lot easier.
Thanks for a great day Darrel, and I would highly recommend you to any one.
Gav

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Darrel from Megabites was an awesome skipper. Put us on the fish and when they disappeared he found more. Great day out. Enjoyed by everyone.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had a fantastic Snapper charter on Sunday 23rd March with skipper Darrell. This was the second time we had been out with him and once again he took us to were the fish were and everyone went home with a bagful of fish. His knowledge and experience again was top class and would highly recommend to anyone thinking bout going on charter in Auckland area as Megabites is one of the best!!

1  Thank fergie19832002
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Darrel went out of his way to make the day possible for my Mum who is terminal. It was a very special day for us and that was plenty of fish to be caught! Darrel definitely knew the right spots. Thanks Darrel - you are highly recommended.
Pip

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Contacted Darrel and got on megabites with six others the boat is very beefy and fast.we cruised for about forty five minutes to the spot from the moment the boat stopped I was hooked up!after a few hours the fish slowed a bit and we moved.just like the first stop I instantly hooked up but this time it was a king 80cm from california I often go fishing but have never had a chartered boat that I enjoyed so much!i am not recommending mega bites for the fishing it's for the captain he was very personal with all of us too bad I only got to go with him once I tried but he was always booked and one time canceled do to a scheduling issue.i brought my own gear and wish I didn't he has charter specials with real nice rods.never been on a charter with such good rentals.thanx Darrel try to save me some room this coming march!