“Good food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mexico

Mexico
Ranked #294 of 2,227 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oberlin, Ohio
“Good food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stopped in here one night on my way home from work. I sat along the wall at a bar, which was not as cramped as I've seen in other places, but the table directly behind me was constantly bumping in to me. And not long before I left they wanted to add another person to their table, basically blocking me in, which was annoying, and I left shortly after.

The service was quick and good. I got my food quickly. I ordered chips and salsa to start. The salsa was good but on the sweet side and I would prefer a little kick. The chips were a little stale tasting. I've had better. I then had the fish taco and 3 cheese quesadilla. The fish taco was great. Good flavor combinations. The quesadilla was different, but I enjoyed the zucchini in it, which offered some texture without any meat. I am a meat eater, but this would be a good choice for vegetarians. Also had a margarita which wasn't the best I've had but decent.

Was given a free taco coupon when I paid. I will definitely be back to use my coupon and try more great food.

• Visited July 2013

Auckland, New Zealand
“Consistently amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have dined here a few times, usually for lunch although I have also been for dinner a couple of times.

The food is consistently amazing. They have an interesting, creative menu that changes periodically, though thankfully retaining the staples such as the Mexican fried chicken. I like that you can pick a few things from the menu to share, or two or three items to experience the exceptional array of flavours yourself.

The plum margarita is delectable - do not miss!

Atmosphere is top notch as Mexico is beautifully decorated. They have obviously put a lot of thought into the atmosphere and I can't think of any dining occasions this would not suit.

It can be hard to get a table at times but if you aren't bothered it is well worth the wait, and there are plenty of options to have a drink in the vicinity. The staff actually do call you to let you know when your table is ready, unlike some other places that just pretend to take your details.

The only thing I can fault is that the wait staff could be friendlier (except for the wonderful woman at front-of-house - she is fantastic) and maybe crack a smile every now and then. But they look great, service is fast and do their job well so not a biggie (it would be if they were actually rude rather than just aloof).

A great dining experience.

• Visited May 2013
“Great ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Mint lamb taco was to die for and the fried chicken was amazing! Huge tequila range also. You will need three dishes each as the servings are small but the prices are reasonable. Great start to a night!

• Visited April 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Candle-lit deliciousness!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Oh my gosh, this was an amazing meal! Firstly, the candles, the red paintings, the atmosphere made for such a fun and romantic experience. We shared a few dishes, the lamb chicken and beef soft tacos, the patatas bravas and the fried chicken. Every single dish was scrumptious, we wanted to order double of everything! The cerveza with lime chili and salt rim was refreshing and made beer a bit more fun and the Tinto Sangria was not too sweet and full of lots of flavour. I will definitely eat here again next time I'm in Auckland, very very impressive! Lovely, friendly staff too.

• Visited June 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
“yum yum yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

1st time caller in here on the all blacks test night........ got there early and seemed awfully busy already at 5pm!! - good sign! Did not know what to expect so full of anticipation. The place was dark and with my eyes, could not read the menu.....ph torch good for that :) Full of character with cool mexican pics all over the walls. Had no idea what I was ordering but was gobsmacked with the taste of the food.........wow. A must to return to explore some more! The Marguerites were amazing too! Service was fast considering they were under pressure. This place does not stand out from the road, therefore a bit of a secret unless someone has been there before and referred them to it........which happened to us ;0) Love love love it!

• Visited June 2013