“Yum!”
Review of Windsor Castle

Windsor Castle
Ranked #864 of 2,329 Restaurants in Auckland
Description: The Windsor Castle is Parnell’s local pub serving fresh food, quality beers, fine wines and spirits since 1847 – there’s been a pub on this site for over 165 years making the Windsor one of the oldest licensed premises in Auckland and, in fact, New Zealand. The current building dates from the last years of the 1880s and has been a significant landmark in the shire since. We offer a range of Gastro pub dishes for lunch and dinner, seven days a week. The Windsor Castle is proud to serve fresh, tasty food at a fair ‘pub’ price.The Windsor has long provided an entertainment and social hub for the neighbourhood. We’re also an integral part of the Musical History of New Zealand, as a performance venue for many, second to none. That’s a tradition we’re honoured to uphold.
Melbourne, Australia
“Yum!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Love this place - very nice interior and large selection of tap beers.
Apparently the quiz night is amazing - have heard this from 3 or 4 people in the last week.
Food very tasty - chips are to die for and all mains under $20.

• Visited September 2013

“Staff a little rude”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I feel like I'm going against all the other reviews here so perhaps it was just a one off but the staff seemed far more interested in talking amongst themselves than serving us. Just popped in for a beer and a pizza, it wasn't busy and we still waited a long time for service. Other than that, the beer garden is nice and the food was reasonable.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank JessyMaca
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Am starting to question myself if this is even real life?”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

-arrive juice bar with two mates (weno + trapsbrah)
-$10 door charge is paid and accounted for
-aquire vodka red bulls; while mirin hunggg. Some of the best HBB I have seen in my life (srs)
-realize only one white man socializing – eryone south American. Not many speaking English to each other either.
-Samba band playing Brazilian music as everyone is in the carnival spirit.
-Am starting to question myself if this is even real life? I am not sure. But I do know that the girl by the bar has dat figure/10.
-Ratio is pretty good but am thinking the guys are all south American also. But not one fuark is given. As I ponder what juice bar has to offer. Linda.
-after another drink I make my way slowly over to the action; but knowingly I am still sober and don’t know a person. I go back to my mates. Another drink and I’m in the action – zero fuarks as I get my muzza on. Noticing how beautifully the Brazilian girls dance; with such allegiance. Starts to get really hot in the bar. Too many 8’s and 9’s. Samba band speaking mostly Portuguese but they throw in a few English words for good measure.
-At this point we have moved on to Coronas, and check out the outside of Juice bar
-nice set up out the back; with plenty of girls out there also; acquire a feed of the Brazilian persuasion. Am in oar of the HBB with dat behind in the black – amazing. Would wife/10
-Back inside to use the facilities again, am stopped by a French girl for a dance. IN. I give her a dance but then leave soon after.
-I visit the facilities of Juice bar (of which nice latina in the hallway). After back to the dance floor, after a while I reel in one nice girl from San Paulo. Aquire conversation, aquire hookup only b4 she goes to find her friend – and seedy Brazilian dude hits on her.
-Time lapses as Trapsbrah gets to know a girl pretty well. She is wearing nice white shorts. HBB again.
- It is now getting late and a lot of people have left. So hot in the place, I decide to get rid of my shirt (not one fuarrk was given) and dance shirtless; YOLO baby. 15mins later decide we better leave
-Gather up the troops, get a water and GTFO. Strong Tuesday night at Juice bar – I highly recommend this place.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank Jimmy R
PETALING JAYA
“Monday Jazz Specials”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We chose the Windsor Castle pub and restaurant, because it had advertised a jazz band for Monday nights, our only night in Auckland during our NZ road trip. ( Check the website - they have different specials on different nights) We had a wonderful night out! The Viva Jazz Quartet, in my amateur musician husband's opinion, was of International Standard! The pizzas were very good, and inexpensive too, @ $15. The staff were amazingly helpful and friendly. And, we made friends with some jolly locals, John and Geoff, who then took us another pub for folk music. Auckland rocks!

• Visited November 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great Jazz and pizza”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I am gluten free so enjoyed the menu symbols - chick friendly, bloke friendly, gluten free etc. We really enjoyed Jazz and our pizza's, yummy GF bases. Great pub fare in a great location.

• Visited November 2012