“Monday Jazz Specials”

Windsor Castle
Ranked #759 of 2,259 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Windsor Castle is Parnell’s local pub serving fresh food, quality beers, fine wines and spirits since 1847 – there’s been a pub on this site for over 165 years making the Windsor one of the oldest licensed premises in Auckland and, in fact, New Zealand. The current building dates from the last years of the 1880s and has been a significant landmark in the shire since. We offer a range of Gastro pub dishes for lunch and dinner, seven days a week. The Windsor Castle is proud to serve fresh, tasty food at a fair ‘pub’ price.The Windsor has long provided an entertainment and social hub for the neighbourhood. We’re also an integral part of the Musical History of New Zealand, as a performance venue for many, second to none. That’s a tradition we’re honoured to uphold.
PETALING JAYA
“Monday Jazz Specials”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We chose the Windsor Castle pub and restaurant, because it had advertised a jazz band for Monday nights, our only night in Auckland during our NZ road trip. ( Check the website - they have different specials on different nights) We had a wonderful night out! The Viva Jazz Quartet, in my amateur musician husband's opinion, was of International Standard! The pizzas were very good, and inexpensive too, @ $15. The staff were amazingly helpful and friendly. And, we made friends with some jolly locals, John and Geoff, who then took us another pub for folk music. Auckland rocks!

• Visited November 2012

Wellington, New Zealand
“Great Jazz and pizza”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I am gluten free so enjoyed the menu symbols - chick friendly, bloke friendly, gluten free etc. We really enjoyed Jazz and our pizza's, yummy GF bases. Great pub fare in a great location.

• Visited November 2012
Turangi
“Best lunch in a good while”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Shared pizza for lunch here with sons and daughter in law. Beautiful pizza and excellent service. I would reccomend good beer too

• Visited September 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
“My favorite bar”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I absolutely love this place!!
Windsor Castle is the restaurant, I love the food, specially the pizzas, but they have some chef's special too that they update regularly. They have the best fries with homemade aioli I have ever try!!!!
Juice Bar is great, the staff is very friendly and funny, and the drinks are great. All prices are very accesible and the environment is awesome.
I definitely recommended for any situation, I have had my birthday party there two years in a row now, and I'm going for the third!
They also have another bar outdoors, Cabana Bar, is lovely in summer time.
A place to visit and have a nice evening :)

• Visited September 2011