Stayed here on a recent trip to Auckland for a few nights. Overall, for the price you pay, this is a good place. Staff are very friendly and helpful, which I really appreciated. Rooms and bathrooms etc. are also clean and well maintained. Only thing is I wish they had paper towel in the bathrooms so you can dry your hands after you wash them. The lobby area is also nice and spacious, and has couches etc where you can watch TV or read. Location is also decent- walking distance to harbor and restaraunts etc. It was abit noisy at times, sometimes I hear people slam door etc. which got on my nerves, but I still managed to sleep well during my stay. Good place if your traveling on a budget and looking to save some money on accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YMCA Hostel is part of an International Non-Profit Organisation, which strives for positive impact on community.We provide clean and comfortable rooms at affordable prices. Housekeepers perform Daily Vacuuming and Weekly Linen Service. Vacuum is hired from Reception for personal use.YMCA also offers Laundry Facilities with Soap, Very cheap Wireless Internet Plans, Public Lounge with Sky Satellite TV, Pool Table, Internet Kiosks, Dining Room with TV, Kitchenette with Cutlery and Kitchen essentials hired at Reception, Telephone Booth with Call Forwarding to take incoming calls and Public Parking from 6pm ~ 7am on Weekdays and All Day Weekends.We are not only great for backpackers and travellers but also ideal long-term accommodation for students and those working in the CBD. We even offer accommodation for groups.You’re just…- 2 minutes walk from Karangahape Road, Auckland’s multi cultural suburb and clubbing district.- 5 minutes walk from Queen Street, the CBD with fantastic shopping.- 10 minutes walk from Ponsonby, Auckland’s trendiest inner city suburb full of bars restaurants and cafes.- 15 minutes walk from Auckland University and AUT, some of New Zealand’s premier education and training institutions.- Next to New World Free Shuttle Stop and very close to Dressmart Free Shuttle Stop. You’ll also find yourself near the Waitemata harbour, beautiful Auckland beaches, parks and gardens and the bus station, railway station and ferry terminal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your YMCA Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ymca Hotel Auckland Central
- YMCA Hostel Auckland, New Zealand