Econo Lodge City Central
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)
$200
$122
Hotels.com
  • Pool
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
$155
$148
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
$160
$139
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
$249
$230
  • Restaurant
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)
$129
  • Restaurant
Scenic Hotel Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$132
$98
Agoda.com
Hilton Auckland(Auckland Central)
$237
$216
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$123
$127
$146
$122
  • Restaurant
All reviewssky toweraotea centrequeen streetcrowne plazaroom ratelocation is excellentstayed nightsauckland cityatriumhairdryeriron
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Read a few negative reviews on this hotel, but as I was only wanting a bed for a night, this was the cheapest option by far ( including parking). Staff were great, room was clean, and because of double glazing, not noisy. So central that I didn't need the car once I'd parked it. Definitely stay again.

Room Tip: pay a little more for the bigger room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kdmck
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I didn't stay here but made use of the excellant breakfast menu. . It is great value. If you are staying in a nearby backpackers or hotel that charges alot for breakfast this is the place to go. The full breakfast sets you up for the day with its generous portions. Would go again

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Poriruacruiser
Reviewed May 7, 2012

This hotel is a budget hotel. Clean and comfortable rooms. Helpful friendly staff. This place has Location Location Location if you need to be anywhere in central Auckland. Perfect for seeing shows at the Civic or Aotea Centre.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Allan L
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Reception was efficient and friendly. They had 2 late check out options, one at noon for free or
6pm for an extra fee, $30.

Good room, a little on the small side. The bed was a little squeaky bed. The fan was broken but they replaced it straight away.

Central location.

We got a good 2night stay deal from the wotif website.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Blossom7777777
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stayed here for one night and weren't overly impressed. I had huge expectations after seeing the reception/lobby area but was left dissapointed when I saw our room.

Check in was a breeze but I was suprised when we weren't shown to our room as I thought that was the standard practice. After some confusion and directions from a cleaner I found the lifts and the room okay and opened the door.

It was TINY !!! Not alot of room to move and me and my friend spent most of our time in each others faces as there wasn't any room to move around. It was super stuffy but the windows were bolted shut. The view from the window was a huge steel pipe and concrete; not appealing at all.

I felt a bit awkward drinking tap water from the bathroom; I know it's the same but it just didn't feel right.

The location however was fantastic and worked well for what we needed; however I have also stayed at the All Seasons Hotel (which is just around the corner) and I would definitely recommend that over the City Central any day.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends