Staff on check in were helpful and nice.
The location here is great as literally all the bars are around you.
The living conditions are not so great. We stayed in a double room since we were a couple. We had a shared bathroom / kitchen. To be honest there were clothes all over the place and the kitchen although cleaned daily, just looked dirty all the time.
We couldnt wait to leave this place as its one of those places you have a shower and you feel more dirty than when you first went in.
The rooms sounded like there walls were made out of paper. You could hear everything. We were abit away from the kitchen however we could hear people in the sitting area chatting all night - seriously guys maybe look into some sound proofing. I understand hostels can have lively people in them getting drunk etc, but these guys werent even drinking...they were just normally talking and you could still here every word!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Nomads Fat Camel Hostel is perfectly located in the heart of Auckland, near to the Skytower and Viaduct Harbour. We have apartment style accommodation, with shared dorm rooms and private rooms, even a female only apartment. Security Swipe Card access 24 hours and 24 hour reception and internet access. Free Meal every night you stay, free activities in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Nomads Fat Camel Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nomads Fat Camel Hotel Auckland Central
- Nomads Fat Camel Hostel Auckland, New Zealand