Stayed here only for two nights in Novemeber, in the girls only dorm because other beds were full. I did choose the windowless dorm so it was a given that the room would be a little stuffy. The hostel is set out like apartments, with 4 or 5 dorms sharing a kitchen and common room. All the girls were friendly, though a lot of them were staying long term, making the place pretty messy. The bathroom was probably the filthiest I had seen after 3 months in hostels in NZ. Mould everywhere! And coming out I didn't feel much cleaner. Girls hair products, toothbrushes and make up surrounded the sink and the kitchen was pretty filthy.
I didn't have a bad time here, though I chose to stay at baseX on my return back to Auckland. Which was much nicer (and cleaner).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fat Camel Hostel is perfectly located in the heart of Auckland Downtown and is near to the Skytower and Viaduct Harbour. We have apartment style accommodation with shared dorm rooms, private rooms and even a female only apartment. Security Swipe Card access 24 hours with a 24 hour reception desk and internet access. A free snack size meal is provided every night you stay with free activities in the bar and excellent drinks specials. Come and be a part of the Fatty Family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nomads Fat Camel Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nomads Fat Camel Hotel Auckland Central
- Nomads Fat Camel Hostel Auckland, New Zealand