I stayed here two years ago and they messed up our booking but upgraded us to a smaller dorm and it was really nice. I arrived here in February after a long flight from uk and the room was so messy,they just need to vacuum once in a while! One toilet for the apartment,always breaking. Showers were gross and there was only two for I don't know how many people. Free food was okay and the bar is really cheap. There's a no drinking policy there but there was one night when some people decided to have a party in the kitchen and were drinking and playing very loud music. Nothing was done about it,people who weren't even staying in our room kept comin in and out,don't know how they got a key. I would not recommend this hostel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fat Camel Hostel is perfectly located in the heart of Auckland Downtown and is near to the Skytower and Viaduct Harbour. We have apartment style accommodation with shared dorm rooms, private rooms and even a female only apartment. Security Swipe Card access 24 hours with a 24 hour reception desk and internet access. A free snack size meal is provided every night you stay with free activities in the bar and excellent drinks specials. Come and be a part of the Fatty Family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nomads Fat Camel Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nomads Fat Camel Hotel Auckland Central
- Nomads Fat Camel Hostel Auckland, New Zealand