I stayed here for the first three days of arriving in Auckland and was immediately made to feel at home. The hostel is not the newest in the city and does show a little wear and tear but what it lacked in newness it made up for in character and charm. The staff there were great and very friendly, even the guy I woke up twice in one night to let me when I locked myself out of the building when they had closed. It's got great location and is close to everything and is well priced. I would recommend Queen Street Backpackers to anyone looking at starting their trip in Auckland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Queen Street Backpackers is considered one of the friendliest Backpackers Hostels in the heart of Auckland City. With a huge reception area which also houses our TV lounge, Longboard Bar, Pool Tables and reading area, your first impression will be one of both warmth and friendliness. Our Auckland Backpackers Hostel accommodation is only a short walk to the cities major supermarket, train, bus stations, ferry terminals, across the road from the Airbus Express stop and is on the front door step of Auckland's main street. Whether you're travelling alone, with your partner a friend or with a group of friends, our Auckland Backpackers can accommodate all your needs. Recent upgrade of the Wifi means guests have the option of using FREE 5ghz wifi within the hostel. We've also recently upgrade rooms to premium dorms which have privacy curtains, double plus, under bed storage and lockers for each bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Queen Street Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queen Street Backpackers Hotel Auckland Central
- Queen Street Backpackers Auckland, New Zealand